Fiji Airways latest Airbus A330 ?

Reply

Old Mar 15, 18, 8:25 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 192
Fiji Airways latest Airbus A330 ?

is due to arrive this month I believe. Where did it come from ? Not new.
southpac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 18, 8:34 pm
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 192
just found this story which says they are getting 2, A333's.

http://fijivillage.com/news/Board-of...s---AG-rk925s/... AG-rk925s/
southpac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 18, 6:48 pm
  #3  
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,753
Would love to see FJ's livery on the 788!

I wish they would introduce a fully flat J seat, though it seems very unlikely given the markets they serve.
clubeurope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 18, 7:00 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Would love to see FJ's livery on the 788!

I wish they would introduce a fully flat J seat, though it seems very unlikely given the markets they serve.
with seemingly dozens & dozens of A330s being stored, the leasing costs must be very low, meaning they can use one as a spare(that is only use it with low utilisation in low season when other birds are being serviced) & use to max in peak season.

Their business class seats in all current A330s are almost fully flat. By lying on side & bending knees slightly can get a really good sleep. I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall & it worked well for me.

Did upgrade FOR $865 AUSSIE $$$ which is $666 U.s. & excellent value.
southpac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 18, 7:07 pm
  #5  
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: EDI, CGK
Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,753
Originally Posted by southpac View Post
with seemingly dozens & dozens of A330s being stored, the leasing costs must be very low, meaning they can use one as a spare(that is only use it with low utilisation in low season when other birds are being serviced) & use to max in peak season.

Their business class seats in all current A330s are almost fully flat. By lying on side & bending knees slightly can get a really good sleep. I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall & it worked well for me.

Did upgrade FOR $865 AUSSIE $$$ which is $666 U.s. & excellent value.
Aren't all the A330 J seats angle-flat or is there some new development? I've flown FJ's 332 and 333 in J and they were all angle flat.
clubeurope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 18, 7:21 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Aren't all the A330 J seats angle-flat or is there some new development? I've flown FJ's 332 and 333 in J and they were all angle flat.
about 10 degrees off flat

Correction: on FJ website it says

Business Class seating: 60" pitch, lie flat 8 degree bed
southpac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 19, 11:21 am
  #7  
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 7,880
Any recent experiences in Business Class on Figi/ LAX to Sydney recommended ?
How does it compare to Hawaiian in Business Class?
777 global mile hound is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread