Wiki Posts
Search

Seat costs on Royal Brunei

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Seat costs on Royal Brunei

I am considering putting in a seat upgrade on Royal Brunei for my father in law. He will be travelling to and from Australia in a couple of months on his own.
Can anyone educate me on something please?
If successful I believe that he would be advised 10 days before travel. He's 80 and would like to be able to choose (paid for or otherwise) an aisle seat. He would choose that even if in Economy. I found a chart for upgrades but don't understand it. It looks too simple when many airlines have different prices for each class and, often, for each seat.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Stormbel
I am considering putting in a seat upgrade on Royal Brunei for my father in law. He will be travelling to and from Australia in a couple of months on his own.
Can anyone educate me on something please?
If successful I believe that he would be advised 10 days before travel. He's 80 and would like to be able to choose (paid for or otherwise) an aisle seat. He would choose that even if in Economy. I found a chart for upgrades but don't understand it. It looks too simple when many airlines have different prices for each class and, often, for each seat.
How did it go and did you bid?

As you probably found out, it doesn't work quite the way you describe.

If you purchase an economy ticket you may be invited to bid for an upgrade to business class. This invitation will be issued as early as 10 days prior to travel. you'd then make a bid, and you'll be advised whether that bid is successful anywhere from 96 hours prior to departure. It could be a lot less than that of course.

I have read that successful bids have started at approximately one third (1/3) the cost of the differential, whatever that exactly means (I haven't tried it, but will be shortly). The London route seems popular, so it might be more than that.

As I'm about to try for a flight to BWN I'd be interested to hear how it went and approximate costs!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:44 am

Brunei is one of the cheapest full service carriers around. Long gone are the days of full glory when their toilet door handles and taps were gold plated and F-class pax were treated like royalty. It's J tix are bargains and can be bought outright without the stress of bidding and waiting for an upgrade. The downside is usually a very long wait at BWN for connecting flight. Not a great option when flying for business purposes. I don't know of too many T/As that sell their tix either. Best bought from their website directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.