Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airlines is Certified as a 4-Star Airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I dont think so. I flew YYZ-MNL-SYD and back. the J class on the A330 is nice. but the one in the 777 is not - one leg had flat seats, the other angled lie flat with no storage space whatsoever. Staff forgot drinks order, or brought the wine after the meal was done. In MNL they sent me to a transit hotel that was overbooked, and forgot to pick me up. overall a disastorous performance.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:14 pm

I fly frequently between Singapore and Manila and PH airlines is probably my last choice. I'm unsure why but whenever I fly with them, the cabin interior gives me the same feel as a hospital. It's probably the seat material and the colour. The only time I take PH airlines is when SQ is sold out or when I want to take the Red Eye flight in. Typically I fly business class on the Red Eye flight.

Food/drinks for business class is good but the seat is terrible (cannot lie flat). For this reason alone I don't think they deserve a 4 star rating. Economy is also way too cramped.

In my opinion the overal PAL experience isn’t good. NAIA T2 is both very crowded and very inefficient. Whenever I fly SQ/CX out of T3, the airport is so much better with shorter queues. T2 often has super long slow moving queues to get into the airport, to check in and even to get past immigration

Last edited by sdchew; Jul 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm Reason: Add additional details
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Be nice if this 4 star airline had a booking engine that would work - trying to price a multi-stop in economy but one leg keeps getting priced as premium economy, despite there being lots of availability in economy!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:23 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Be nice if this 4 star airline had a booking engine that would work - trying to price a multi-stop in economy but one leg keeps getting priced as premium economy, despite there being lots of availability in economy!
Yes, couldn't agree more - their systems are atrocious. Even on a simple round-trip, you can't mix fare categories...
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:05 am

I tried the Manila airport thread and didn't get a response, and perhaps this thread dedicated to the airline itself that is active may be of some help:

Have a friend flying business class on PAL in November. All flights on PAL. As I can tell, as of now he's landing in T1 on PAL and has to transfer to T2. From the looks of it he'd have to go to immigration and then shuttle over to T2.

Does PAL do anything to assist business class passengers with this transfer? Transfer time is about 2 hours, but the flight to Bali seems to always be delayed (I guess waiting on passengers?).

There is supposedly a terminal reshuffle taking place where all PAL flights will be in T1. If the terminal reshuffle takes place in August as reported, am I right in thinking this transfer would not be needed and he'd just stay in T1?

Thanks,
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:59 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin
I tried the Manila airport thread and didn't get a response, and perhaps this thread dedicated to the airline itself that is active may be of some help:

Have a friend flying business class on PAL in November. All flights on PAL. As I can tell, as of now he's landing in T1 on PAL and has to transfer to T2. From the looks of it he'd have to go to immigration and then shuttle over to T2.

Does PAL do anything to assist business class passengers with this transfer? Transfer time is about 2 hours, but the flight to Bali seems to always be delayed (I guess waiting on passengers?).

There is supposedly a terminal reshuffle taking place where all PAL flights will be in T1. If the terminal reshuffle takes place in August as reported, am I right in thinking this transfer would not be needed and he'd just stay in T1?

Thanks,
you might have better luck posting a new thread altogether within the other asian, south pacific, and australian airlines thread. I can’t say about the experience of transferring terminals at NAIA because I haven’t quite done that before, but you may be interested to know that the plan to reshuffle PAL flights to T1 won’t be going through on Aug 31, as reported by Philippine Media
Teddy Ruxpin likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:27 am

Thanks for the response! That was helpful. Unfortunate for my friend though.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:19 pm

I don't think there is a dedicated business class transfer service however, they do have a free air side transfer service for PAL flights between T1-T2-T3.
Teddy Ruxpin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.