Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta GA 87 - New Meal/catering

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Garuda London - Jakarta GA 87 - New Meal/catering

Flew London - Jakarta in Business on Saturday, they have implemented the following:

After Take Off - Only Snack offered

6 Hours into the Flight - Breakfast Served

2 Hours before Landing Dinner Served

In my view it just does not work , i understand the idea, but in practice i would much prefer dinner after take off and breakfast served a few hours before landing

The lounge in London does not serve a decent meal.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Obviously the times have just changed so it's a later departure (22:55) but on a flight of that length I was more than happy to have a long lavish dinner for a few hours to eat up time and give me a couple of bottles of something nice, so i'm surprised by that.

But my flight was at 21:30 - I guess if it's 90 minutes later i'm more likely to have dinner or eat in the airport out of habit. Tough one to call.

From memory the lounge (No1? I can't remember!) only had paid food? I was only in there for 10 mins before meeting a friend without access for a beer.

Last edited by Sam Bee; Nov 27, 2017 at 8:38 am
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Obviously the times have just changed so it's a later departure (22:55) but on a flight of that length I was more than happy to have a long lavish dinner for a few hours to eat up time and give me a couple of bottles of something nice, so i'm surprised by that.

But my flight was at 21:30 - I guess if it's 90 minutes later i'm more likely to have dinner or eat in the airport out of habit. Tough one to call.

From memory the lounge (No1? I can't remember!) only had paid food? I was only in there for 10 mins before meeting a friend without access for a beer.

Flight takes off at 21.55 . so yes i agree time for a decent dinner and a few drinks , lounge will only serve one snack , its nowhere near what i would class as a meal

The bizarre thing is the way they light up the cabin 6/7 hours into the flight and basically wake everyone up for breakfast , dinner was lovely but the timing isn't
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Ah, it's 22:55 from the summer timetable. I wouldn't be happy with with being woken up after 7 hours. Does the lounge access still include a voucher for 1 glass of champagne?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Yes its not the best time to wake you up , its not a case of breakfast if your awake , its done after the first crew rest break , lights on , full service , then second rest break for the crew

in the lounge ,you are given a menu with 4 snacks , when you order the menu is taken away , champagne is paid for on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.