Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lucky Air from Kumming (KMG) to Helsinki HEL)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Lucky Air from Kumming (KMG) to Helsinki HEL)

New route opening : https://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/...sinki-airport/
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Congratulations Helsinki. Apparently just twice a week, but is there any information on the flight times yet?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
very interesting! Thank you for sharing the news.

I find it fascinating there are a number of airlines based in Kunming; Lucky Air (HNA), Kunming Airlines (Shenzhen Airlines / CA), Hongtu Airlines, Ruili Airlines...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by nanyang
very interesting! Thank you for sharing the news.

I find it fascinating there are a number of airlines based in Kunming; Lucky Air (HNA), Kunming Airlines (Shenzhen Airlines / CA), Hongtu Airlines, Ruili Airlines...
Kunming Airlines is really just a paper airline, the brand exists to make local politicians happy.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:10 am

Already April 2018 and nothing

Originally Posted by Laowai
Congratulations Helsinki. Apparently just twice a week, but is there any information on the flight times yet?
So, it's now April 2018 and nothing has happened. There hasn't been any information about this route after that original piece of news from September 2017, and according to that article the route was supposed to start already in January 2018. So, not only did the route not start, but no Finavia nor Lucky Air has released any information about this route ever since. Anyone know what has happened here? And why on earth 🌍 did they not inform everyone if and when the route is delayed...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Dega
So, it's now April 2018 and nothing has happened. There hasn't been any information about this route after that original piece of news from September 2017, and according to that article the route was supposed to start already in January 2018. So, not only did the route not start, but no Finavia nor Lucky Air has released any information about this route ever since. Anyone know what has happened here? And why on earth 🌍 did they not inform everyone if and when the route is delayed...
It is a really strange route to begin with. Kunming has basically no service outside of Asia. Kunming doens’t even have daily service to cities in the region like Hanoi and Saigon, much less further away major cities like Seoul, and from what I can tell there is no non-stop service to Tokyo. I would love for there to be easy access to Europe and the U.S., as both are hard to reach without an over night layover in Beijing, Shanghai, or Hong Kong. But, I think Kunming will need to fill in the holes to major Asian markets like Seoul and Tokyo, and large regional cities like Hanoi and Saigon, before Europe can really be though of.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116

It is a really strange route to begin with. Kunming has basically no service outside of Asia. Kunming doens’t even have daily service to cities in the region like Hanoi and Saigon, much less further away major cities like Seoul, and from what I can tell there is no non-stop service to Tokyo. I would love for there to be easy access to Europe and the U.S., as both are hard to reach without an over night layover in Beijing, Shanghai, or Hong Kong. But, I think Kunming will need to fill in the holes to major Asian markets like Seoul and Tokyo, and large regional cities like Hanoi and Saigon, before Europe can really be though of.
I agree that this would be a strange route.

Really like the new international terminal / pier at the airport - plenty of space for more flights admittedly.

I think they do have flights to destinations outside Europe though - China Eastern fly to Paris CDG (3 x weekly) and Dubai (3 x weekly). Then there is the weekly Lucky Air flight to Moscow SVO at the moment. I assume this info is correct... MU2003/2004 would appear to be a 4 x weekly rotation to Seoul ICN.

Regardless, I agree that KMG can be a difficult place to reach.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Looks like you'll be lucky to see this route happening 😀 (sorry).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.