Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPE connection time question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

TPE connection time question

Flying BR 25 SEA-TPE arriving at 05:50 on December 26 in J. We have decided to head directly to HKG from there and I am looking at options (I used ANA miles for the BR flight and no changes in destination are allowed, so I will be paying for the TPE-HKG flight).

One option would be CI 903, which departs at 0800. My interest in this flight stems from the fact that it is on a 747 and business class seats are reasonable enough that I would pony up for those, so we could either sit up in the nose of the plane (ideal) or on the upper deck. None of the four of us has flown on a 747 & I know the opportunities will be slowly getting harder to come by. I think it would be fun for our kids (and my wife & I ) to experience this.

My question is whether or not 2:10 is enough time to make our connection? I understand that BR and CI use different terminals at TPE, but having read what I can here, it sounds as if TPE is relatively easy to navigate. We will obviously be on a separate PNR, but will not have checked bags.

FWIW, according to Flight Stats, BR 25 is on time 91% of the time....
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
More than enough time. Immigration is fairly empty that early in the morning.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:50 am

I've never connected at TPE (only been an arriving/departing passenger) but I don't believe it will be necessary to go through immigration to transfer there, only security control.

http://www.taoyuan-airport.com/engli...sit-procedures

BR primarily uses Terminal 2, Concourse C for it's operations while CI primarily uses Terminal 2, Concourse D and Terminal 1, Concourse A. I know they're all connected for departures airside and the last time I flew in on CI we parked at A but were directed to walk to T2 immigration.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
I've never connected at TPE (only been an arriving/departing passenger) but I don't believe it will be necessary to go through immigration to transfer there, only security control.
If OP can get a boarding pass for their connecting flight at the transfer desk and doesn't have any checked baggage, then going through transit security will be fine.

Otherwise OP would have to go through immigration.

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
More than enough time. Immigration is fairly empty that early in the morning.
Two hours is enough time, but I wouldn't call immigration empty at that time. CI and BR both have a lot of inbound long-haul flights that arrive around that time.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
An online checkin/BP is best, but he can do this w/o a BP if he has to.

Transit security at TPE does not check BPs. Once upstairs he can go to the gate and checkin there.

The other choice is to go over to the D concourse and use the CI transfer desk there. Assuming a normal arrival in C, follow signs to "transfer" then look for signs to "D".

OP, this is really easy. and you will make it with an hour to spare.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. We won't have checked bags and I will make sure we've got boarding passes ahead of time (even though it sounds as if that may not be an issue).

I've got 1A, 1K, 2A, & 2K booked.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by travellingwineO
Feeling sorry for the people sitting in 1D/1G/2D/2G as you talk across the middle... specially 1D/1G as no doubt be walking back and through the front galley (Assuming you meant the BR flight)

Last edited by Virginia Emery; Aug 24, 2017 at 1:21 pm
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
Feeling sorry for the people sitting in 1D/1G/2D/2G as you talk across the middle... specially 1D/1G as no doubt be walking back and through the front galley (Assuming you meant the BR flight)
It is the CI flight on the 747. We will actually be in the old F seats- 1A/K and 2A/K are the only seats in rows 1 and 2. 😎
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
If OP can get a boarding pass for their connecting flight at the transfer desk and doesn't have any checked baggage, then going through transit security will be fine.

Otherwise OP would have to go through immigration.

Two hours is enough time, but I wouldn't call immigration empty at that time. CI and BR both have a lot of inbound long-haul flights that arrive around that time.
Despite all those flights arriving during the time, the hall has very little people. Most pax on those flights are connecting. Every time I fly in during those morning hours(middle of the NA bank, ~8 times/month), there is no line and people are processed quicker than the baggage(Taoyuan Airport prides itself for 12min for first bag on the belt).
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by exwannabe
An online checkin/BP is best, but he can do this w/o a BP if he has to.

Transit security at TPE does not check BPs. Once upstairs he can go to the gate and checkin there.

The other choice is to go over to the D concourse and use the CI transfer desk there. Assuming a normal arrival in C, follow signs to "transfer" then look for signs to "D".

OP, this is really easy. and you will make it with an hour to spare.
I have transited without the connecting BP before. Was very easy and fast.

Originally Posted by travellingwineO
Thanks for all the responses. We won't have checked bags and I will make sure we've got boarding passes ahead of time (even though it sounds as if that may not be an issue).

ENJOY THE 747!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.