Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

China Eastern: checking bags through on overnight PVG connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Quick question: does anyone have experience on MU with checking bags through on an overnight connection in Shanghai?

Flying ORD-PVG-HND with a 23 hour layover in PVG and would prefer my bags go on through instead of having to pick them up and lug them to my overnight hotel. On the return I have a 14 hour (overnight) connection and have the same preference. Only really need my bags in Tokyo.

China Eastern's website says they can check through for "same day" connections but given the reputation their website has, I'm wondering if anyone has any actual on the ground experiences one way or the other. Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by threeoh
Quick question: does anyone have experience on MU with checking bags through on an overnight connection in Shanghai?

Flying ORD-PVG-HND with a 23 hour layover in PVG and would prefer my bags go on through instead of having to pick them up and lug them to my overnight hotel. On the return I have a 14 hour (overnight) connection and have the same preference. Only really need my bags in Tokyo.

China Eastern's website says they can check through for "same day" connections but given the reputation their website has, I'm wondering if anyone has any actual on the ground experiences one way or the other. Thanks!
I did SFO-PVG-HND RT with overnight in PVG both directions and in both SFO and HND they only checked my bag to PVG and refused to issue BP for the sector leaving PVG the following day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.