Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

How's the comfort level on China Airlines business class lie flat seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Hi, I been looking at China Airlines 777 and A350 business class seats for a long haul flight next year. Watch and read lot of videos/reviews but couldn't find I like to know. I like their cabin and seat design but not sure about the lie flat seat. When comparing it to Singapore airlines, SIN seems to have a better product because its wider and they put add a pad to enhance comfort for sleep.

Anyone experience the lie flat seat, is it comfy, soft, firm? Love to hear your opinion on it.

thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:21 pm

It gets the job done. I prefer the A350 over the 77W since the A350 doesn't have a protruding headrest, but the A350 is also a tad narrower than the 77W. It's on the firmer size, but I'm also capable of falling asleep in Y, so I'm not the right person to ask for that.

From what I've read, though, SQ's seat may be padded in bed mode but you need to contort yourself a bit in order to actually make use of the space.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bluemocha
When comparing it to Singapore airlines, SIN seems to have a better product because its wider and they put add a pad to enhance comfort for sleep.
On CI you can request "turndown" service and they will bring out what is essentially a 2nd comforter and lay it down as padding.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I have not flown the new CI biz, but it is the B/E Aerospace Super Diamond seat, so you can search for reviews on that to get more information. I believe AC, QR, and Garuda are among those that use that seat in biz. AA is also going to use that seat for future configs of the 772 after their modified-Cirrus-Zodiac fiasco (not sure if it is in service yet).

I do know a lot of people who fly CI biz and they all seem to like the seat a lot - except for the narrow footwell which is a small cubby below an unmovable TV screen.

I've only flown SQ J on one r/t and to be honest, that was up there with the best sleep I've ever had on a plane. That said, it is a very short and very wide seat relative to the herringbone configs, so it is definitely not for everyone.

EDIT: Looks like the Super Diamond is already in service with AA. From 4 days ago: Surprise: American's Newest Business Class Is Already Flying! - One Mile at a Time
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I flew it to JFK and thought it was excellent. I had no problem at all sleeping on the seat. Service was also top notch throughout the flight, overall quite impressed. My one and only complaint was that I was flying together with someone and even though we had side by side seats in the center section, it's still not so easy to talk to them.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your feedback! I am moving closer to using them for my trip.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Flew CI J from FCO-TPE, very long flights in both directions but found the seat excellent. Got a good 8 hours sleep in each direction.

The service outbound was not great, but back to Rome was much better. It's not exactly 'warm' service, but very efficient.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Amex Delta Skymiles,One World,Star Alliance,Air China Phoenix Skyteam.
I flew YVR to Bkk last Dec. No problems. 777 bussn. Bed was good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.