Miat hkg-uln

Old Jul 12, 17, 4:20 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Posts: 844
Miat hkg-uln

Anyone fly MIAT to ULN in Mongolia?

They recently announced codeshare agreements with CX, too.
fotoflyer88 is offline  
Old Jul 12, 17, 5:33 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 185
Smile

It's been a few years, but I flew one-way ICN-ULN. Except for an unexplained seven-hour delay in ICN, the flight was uneventful. Maybe that's why some call MIAT "Maybe I'll Arrive Tomorrow." Got a good fare on a very old aircraft (a 727 IIRC), but apparently these have been replaced with new 738s.
RMC500 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 17, 10:09 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Posts: 844
Yeah this looks like I'll be on a 737. Luckily I'm on this CX codeshare so I can fly the whole trip on one ticket if there are IRROPS.

http://www.miat.com/news.php?newsid=155&lang=chn

I'm AA EXP/OneWorld Emerald but don't expect anything extra or lounge access in ULN since MIAT isn't part of OneWorld. Since I am on a CX flight number, arriving from a CX flight, I hope I will be able to use The Pier in HKG to freshen up after my arrival.

I have a co-worker flying with me but on a separate ticket so its not codeshare, we shall see if they let him in as my guest in the CX HKG lounge, if not he has priority pass access.

I'll report back in August how it all goes.
fotoflyer88 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 17, 3:48 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NYC
Programs: Accor Plat, AA Gold, UA Silv, DL Silv,
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
Anyone fly MIAT to ULN in Mongolia?

They recently announced codeshare agreements with CX, too.
I've flown it a few times and will do so again in August. Glad they're finally codesharing w/ CX since I have about 10k miles stranded w/ MIAT.

You'll get a hot meal. They have Warsteiner beer, which is one of my favorites. I wouldn't get the wine.

The planes seem relatively well maintained and newish (737s).

The FAs have a good grasp on english, even better than the FAs on mainland Chinese airlines.

It's windy in Mongolia, so you may be delayed 30+ minutes of landing.
Leverage is offline  
Old Jul 14, 17, 10:01 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Posts: 844
Originally Posted by Leverage View Post
I've flown it a few times and will do so again in August. Glad they're finally codesharing w/ CX since I have about 10k miles stranded w/ MIAT.

You'll get a hot meal. They have Warsteiner beer, which is one of my favorites. I wouldn't get the wine.

The planes seem relatively well maintained and newish (737s).

The FAs have a good grasp on english, even better than the FAs on mainland Chinese airlines.

It's windy in Mongolia, so you may be delayed 30+ minutes of landing.
Food and Beer even in Y?
Or Just J?

My CX flights are credited to AA - need to figure out where to credit my MIAT CX legs, maybe I set up a CX account since its about 3600 CX miles
fotoflyer88 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 17, 2:05 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NYC
Programs: Accor Plat, AA Gold, UA Silv, DL Silv,
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
Food and Beer even in Y?
Or Just J?

My CX flights are credited to AA - need to figure out where to credit my MIAT CX legs, maybe I set up a CX account since its about 3600 CX miles
Food & beer in Y as well. The food is nothing to write home about. It's usually chicken / beef with rice or noodles.

Immigration at ULN isn't too bad as well. Just make sure you pre-arrange pickup. Taxi line is difficult to find and most drivers won't know English.
Leverage is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: