Wiki Posts
Search

Switch to Air China Phoenix Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles & More, Skymiles Gold Medallion
Switch to Air China Phoenix Miles?

My partner and I are relocating to Shanghai next month. We are Italian and Swiss with our families in ZRH and MXP. We will be flying Swiss and China Air (only direct flights) at least 3 times/year between Europe and China.
So far we have been collecting miles with Delta as we were living in Mexico.

We are now wondering whether we should stick with our LH Miles & More accounts (we both have less than 25'000 miles with LH) or sign up for CA's Phoenix program.

We will be flying domestic and within Asia every second week or so. Will we, as residents of China, receive better benefits if we switch to the local Phoenix Miles?

Thanks for any advice!
S
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
If you're at Shanghai, China Eastern might be the airline you want to use most.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
CA's FFP is very useless TBH. I'm not familiar with MU and CZ's but it shouldn't differ much from CA.

Stick with M&M
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
CA's FFP is very useless TBH. I'm not familiar with MU and CZ's but it shouldn't differ much from CA.

Stick with M&M
MU's top tier member gets unlimited Y->F (or J whatever you want to call it) upgrade on all domestic flights... you call that's useless?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Ausriver
MU's top tier member gets unlimited Y->F (or J whatever you want to call it) upgrade on all domestic flights... you call that's useless?
MU doesn't fly direct to ZRH nor MXP. As OP said originally "Only direct flights".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.