Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

All Garuda Indonesia flights in the new CGK T3 as of May 1, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Garuda Indonesia flights in the new CGK T3 as of May 1, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
How's T3 for international - international transits?

Planning a SIN - CGK - HND trip in Y promo so no lounge access (other than PP). Close to 3hr transit so I'm wondering if I'll die of boredom.
HND - CGK - SIN is a 1hr:05m transit ... seems pretty tight if anything were to happen to the HND-CGK one ...
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Quick question.
i flown with CX on a 777 (full load) on Y and my luggage had only arrived 45 minutes later.
i would have a problem on my return leg as I'm flying domestic with GA and CX on the next leg with only 2.5 hrs layover.
1) does anyone know how long usually the bags will come out for domestics on GA in CGK?
2) how long would it take to get from T3 to T2?
3) does anyone know whether I can use my KE points for upgrading my tickets to J?
GA had already refused to check thru my luggage...
Therefore if none of the above works I would have to bid for A one-way J..
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA silver, GA silver
Bags usually takes less than 30 minutes for domestic GA, but if the plane lands on terminal 1, taxiing to terminal 3 could take another 30 minutes on a busy afternoon or morning. To get to terminal 2 from terminal 3 will take less than 5 minutes on the shuttle train and it runs every 15 minutes or so. CX would usually still allow check ins up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure time even with baggage, so your 2,5 hour layover is doable.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:51 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Just curious, does anyone know if Garuda allows SkyTeam Elite Plus members to access the lounge at CGK when flying GA Y domestically? Officially SkyTeam rules only guarantee Elite Plus lounge access on international itineraries, but some carriers are more generous than the official rules.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Just curious, does anyone know if Garuda allows SkyTeam Elite Plus members to access the lounge at CGK when flying GA Y domestically? Officially SkyTeam rules only guarantee Elite Plus lounge access on international itineraries, but some carriers are more generous than the official rules.
https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/id/en/news-and-events/skyteam/skyteam-lounge-access.page

No access, unless connecting to international flight.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:12 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by 7free
Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:04 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cgklax
Bags usually takes less than 30 minutes for domestic GA, but if the plane lands on terminal 1, taxiing to terminal 3 could take another 30 minutes on a busy afternoon or morning. To get to terminal 2 from terminal 3 will take less than 5 minutes on the shuttle train and it runs every 15 minutes or so. CX would usually still allow check ins up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure time even with baggage, so your 2,5 hour layover is doable.
The shuttle train journey is quick yes, but getting up there to the station is another ordeal...

If not to late, to the OP, I will want to factor in 10 minutes (if not more) to get to the station, and another when disembarking given how the stations are such a hassle to get to.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
Originally Posted by quirrow
Actually that is not true, I was connecting to a domestic flight on Garuda from SIN, with the route being SIN-CGK-XXX (domestic Indonesian airport) and I did not need to collect my checked luggage as it was tagged to the final destination and I confirmed it with the customs official and the Garuda baggage handling agent.
Can anyone confirm if this is still the case since all Garuda operations moved to T3? The Garuda website indicates that International to Domestic Passenger Transfer Flow includes checked baggage pickup on ground floor and drop off at the second floor.

https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/cn/...nal-ke-T3.page

Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by 130 fsw
Can anyone confirm if this is still the case since all Garuda operations moved to T3? The Garuda website indicates that International to Domestic Passenger Transfer Flow includes checked baggage pickup on ground floor and drop off at the second floor.

https://www.garuda-indonesia.com/cn/...nal-ke-T3.page

When I checked in at SIN, the agent mentioned there was no need to collect the luggage but my last experience was earlier this year so things might have changed. The best way to check is when you check-in for the flights. Even then the T3 baggage operations and transfer flow is easy and straight forward though your luggage might have to pass through security after collection and returning to the domestic check-in areas.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
Originally Posted by quirrow
When I checked in at SIN, the agent mentioned there was no need to collect the luggage but my last experience was earlier this year so things might have changed. The best way to check is when you check-in for the flights. Even then the T3 baggage operations and transfer flow is easy and straight forward though your luggage might have to pass through security after collection and returning to the domestic check-in areas.
Thanks for the input. I had the same experience in December 2018, baggage went all the way to the final Indonesia destination without needing to claim/recheck in Jakarta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.