Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

All Garuda Indonesia flights in the new CGK T3 as of May 1, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Garuda Indonesia flights in the new CGK T3 as of May 1, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 12:42 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by baggyred
Thanks - shows it is at least still happening.

Guess it depends on whether they fill the seats during the bid upgrade process.
I asked GA on Facebook if they offered airport upgrades for people with tickets ineligible for BidUpgrade and they said exactly that: yes, subject to availability. Got my fingers crossed for J to F space at LHR...
Old May 23, 2017, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by dsf
I asked GA on Facebook if they offered airport upgrades for people with tickets ineligible for BidUpgrade and they said exactly that: yes, subject to availability. Got my fingers crossed for J to F space at LHR...
Cheers mate - you are a legend!
Old May 23, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I did the BidUpgrade CGK to SYD 5 weeks ago and paid ~USD300 to fly in J.
Cheers - would do that in a heartbeat!

Were you there early by chance?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baggyred
Cheers - would do that in a heartbeat!

Were you there early by chance?
I think now you're confusing both options? I placed my online BidUpgrade about 4 weeks prior to flight.
It was accepted 2 or 3 days prior to flight.

I turned up to airport in usual 3 hours prior to flight.

-> How much you would pay for an airport upgrade and if you'd need to turn up earlier, I wouldn't know.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I think now you're confusing both options? I placed my online BidUpgrade about 4 weeks prior to flight.
It was accepted 2 or 3 days prior to flight.

I turned up to airport in usual 3 hours prior to flight.

-> How much you would pay for an airport upgrade and if you'd need to turn up earlier, I wouldn't know.
Indeed I was confusing myself!

A poster before mentioned a price of $300USD from CGK to SYD. Assuming DPS to SYD would be similar - that'd be a no-brainer on a red eye for me.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I got an offer on a CGK-SIN GA flight, but it seemed a bit of a waste.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:16 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I got an offer on a CGK-SIN GA flight, but it seemed a bit of a waste.
I do it fairly regularly - but only if I'm on the 777 or the A333. Certainly not worth it on the 738s.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST Elite+), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite+), CI Gold (ST Elite), TK M&M Silver (*A Silver)
T3 International > Domestic Transfer

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience transferring from a T3 International arrival to a T3 Domestic departure?

Are there any SkyPriority lanes at security and immigration and are they any good?

I have a (very) tight connection time and am wondering if I should purchase a fast track /VIP service or if I could do with the priority lanes at CKG...

Hope to get some experiences from you guys!

Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:55 am
UMD
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sth1984
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience transferring from a T3 International arrival to a T3 Domestic departure?

Are there any SkyPriority lanes at security and immigration and are they any good?

I have a (very) tight connection time and am wondering if I should purchase a fast track /VIP service or if I could do with the priority lanes at CKG...

Hope to get some experiences from you guys!

Cheers!
This is now quite simple. There is a Skypriority (Fast Track) lane upon arrival (you will get a Fast Track coupon from Garuda upon checking in at your point of origin). However, due to Indonesian customs requirement, you still have to pick up your checked-in baggage (at the first point of entry in Indoensia) and drop it into the domestic transfer counter after you exit customs in the International Arrival area in T3. Customs is now a breeze so you should be able to clear it quickly unless you have lots to declare. The whole process can be quicker if you do not have a checked in baggage. Once you drop your baggage, follow the sign to go to the departure hall on the 3rd floor. Both International (A to C) and Domestic (D to F) check-in area share the same departure hall.

Last edited by UMD; Sep 7, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by UMD
This is now quite simple. There is a Skypriority (Fast Track) lane upon arrival (you will get a Fast Track coupon from Garuda upon checking in at your point of origin). However, due to Indonesian customs requirement, you still have to pick up your checked-in baggage (at the first point of entry in Indoensia) and drop it into the domestic transfer counter after you exit customs in the International Arrival area in T3. Customs is now a breeze so you should be able to clear it quickly unless you have lots to declare. The whole process can be quicker if you do not have a checked in baggage. Once you drop your baggage, follow the sign to go to the departure hall on the 3rd floor. Both International (A to C) and Domestic (D to F) check-in area share the same departure hall.
Am I correct,in. Thinking that if you're flying first or business they source your luggage for you?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST Elite+), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite+), CI Gold (ST Elite), TK M&M Silver (*A Silver)
Originally Posted by UMD
Thanks for this information! I don't have any checked luggage; do you think 80 minutes would be enough to clear immigration and get to the Domestic side of the terminal and make my flight? I think the official MCT is 90 minutes from international to domestic in T3.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by UMD
Actually that is not true, I was connecting to a domestic flight on Garuda from SIN, with the route being SIN-CGK-XXX (domestic Indonesian airport) and I did not need to collect my checked luggage as it was tagged to the final destination and I confirmed it with the customs official and the Garuda baggage handling agent.

Apparently you should only do this if you have anything in the checked luggage that you think needs declaring with the customs official.

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
Am I correct,in. Thinking that if you're flying first or business they source your luggage for you?
Yes there is a premium arrival service with baggage handlers while you wait. The service is available to GA Platinum members and Sky Priority Elite Plus status holders as well, though do check again as it is subject to change.

Originally Posted by sth1984
Thanks for this information! I don't have any checked luggage; do you think 80 minutes would be enough to clear immigration and get to the Domestic side of the terminal and make my flight? I think the official MCT is 90 minutes from international to domestic in T3.
80 minutes is more than enough time if you have no checked in luggage. Though you still need to clear security and immigration which should be no issue as the immigration at T3 seems to have shorter lines, with more automated machines for locals.
sth1984 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by quirrow
Actually that is not true, I was connecting to a domestic flight on Garuda from SIN, with the route being SIN-CGK-XXX (domestic Indonesian airport) and I did not need to collect my checked luggage as it was tagged to the final destination and I confirmed it with the customs official and the Garuda baggage handling agent.

Apparently you should only do this if you have anything in the checked luggage that you think needs declaring with the customs official.

Yes there is a premium arrival service with baggage handlers while you wait. The service is available to GA Platinum members and Sky Priority Elite Plus status holders as well, though do check again as it is subject to change.

thanks for that - is it expected to tip them? Wouldn't want to cause any offence!

80 minutes is more than enough time if you have no checked in luggage. Though you still need to clear security and immigration which should be no issue as the immigration at T3 seems to have shorter lines, with more automated machines for locals.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by UMD
[...]you will get a Fast Track coupon from Garuda upon checking in at your point of origin[...]
What if I'm not flying GA inbound? I'm arriving on a CI flight from HKG. Does CI issue these fast track coupons as well, or can I just show my SkyPriority boarding pass and /or frequent flyer card (SkyTeam Elite Plus)??
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:51 pm

CGK Skytrain - The Jakarta Post

The Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Skytrain was officially launched on September 17.

The Skytrain currently serves passengers who wish to travel from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2, and vice versa, with the operational hours from 07:00 a.m. – 09:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. – 02:00 p.m. and 05:00 p.m. – 07:00 p.m.

Two trains that can accommodate up to 176 passengers are available on the 1,700 meter-long track. The Skytrain service is free of charge.

Although the Skytrain is the first unmanned mode of transportation in Indonesia that uses automated guideway transit system, in its first six months of operation, a set of crew will be operating the vehicle.

The next development stage for Skytrain is to connect Terminal 3, Terminal 2, airport train station and Terminal 1 with dual tracks with a total length of 3,050 meters. The headway is set to every five minutes with the total travel duration of seven minutes when the Skytrain is in full operation. (jakpost)

-------------

Other reports said eventually at the end of the year it will be 24 hour-running.

I flew first flight today (outside the operation time), so can't try it yet and give more significant information than this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.