Wiki Posts
Search

Philippines Airlines manage booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Philippines Airlines manage booking

Does anyone know how can i manage a PR booking (booked through an agent)? I.e. select seats etc.

On their own website it says "Not applicable to all bookings paid and ticketed thru payment centers, ticket offices, contact center and accredited travel agents."

And i'd prefer not calling them, since it's kinda an EF
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:38 pm

There is no way to manage an agent-purchased ticket via the PAL website.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:10 pm

the only way to see your reservation (just the flight details) on the PR homepage is via "my Pal upgrade".

as fbmurphy wrote, you can not "manage" your booking, but you can purchase/bid on an upgrade for your flights. to pull up the reservation for upgrage you will need just pnr and pax name.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/mypalupgrade
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Is there any way to book seats or at least see a seat map of available seats online for PAL when booked via an agent?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Look at post #114 on this thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...-return-8.html

The recommendation has be, assuming your query is related to the fare in that thread above, is to sit tight and do nothing for at least 2 to 3 weeks, don't do anything in the short term to bring any attention cheap fare.
Yachtman likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by Yachtman
Is there any way to book seats or at least see a seat map of available seats online for PAL when booked via an agent?
Based on recent experiences, if the booking was made by a travel agent, then there is no way to manage your booking (and sometimes even avail of OLCI). I go through SeatGuru for seat maps and ExpertFlyer for availability, but have had extreme difficulty using the PAL interface itself to view what seats are available without going through the travel agent or through the call centre "hotline" which is rarely helpful.

One of the reasons why I avoid PR.
Yachtman likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Red face

You get what you pay for.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:57 am

Of course you can manage your booking. Ask your travel agent for the Philippine Airline booking reference then enter it on the PAL website and you can seat select etc etc but you need the airlines own reference and not that of your booking agent.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by dave31
Of course you can manage your booking. Ask your travel agent for the Philippine Airline booking reference then enter it on the PAL website and you can seat select etc etc but you need the airlines own reference and not that of your booking agent.
Can you please explain the difference between your post and what PAL states on their website:

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Applicable to all bookings paid thru www.philippineairlines.com only.
Not applicable to all bookings paid and ticketed thru payment centers, ticket offices, contact center, and accredited travel agents.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...BookingChanges
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:10 am

I have not needed to change the dates of my booking so I cannot comment on that, but using the Philippine booking ref I was able to enter the 'Manage my booking' and select seats for the various sectors. I am flying in business class so am not sure if that makes a difference. Good luck.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by endet
Can you please explain the difference between your post and what PAL states on their website:

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Applicable to all bookings paid thru www.philippineairlines.com only.
Not applicable to all bookings paid and ticketed thru payment centers, ticket offices, contact center, and accredited travel agents.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...BookingChanges
Talk about inconsistency. I just returned from BCD and was able to do seat selection and OLCI via mobile app, despite the ticket being booked by the company's travel agent. I wonder if PR changed the policy (again)?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:48 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mbamejia
Talk about inconsistency. I just returned from BCD and was able to do seat selection and OLCI via mobile app, despite the ticket being booked by the company's travel agent. I wonder if PR changed the policy (again)?
Do you know how your travel agent booked it? Did they book directly with PAL?
Rulebof thumb is if you book with OTA, you won't be able to manage online...
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Fyd
Do you know how your travel agent booked it? Did they book directly with PAL?
Rulebof thumb is if you book with OTA, you won't be able to manage online...
Yes, that was my impression as well. However, I am not sure as to how the OTA booked my flights. I was just resigned to the fact that I wouldn't be able to manage it online.

Not that it mattered, though, all aisle seats appeared to have been blocked when I logged on.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by mbamejia
Yes, that was my impression as well. However, I am not sure as to how the OTA booked my flights. I was just resigned to the fact that I wouldn't be able to manage it online.

Not that it mattered, though, all aisle seats appeared to have been blocked when I logged on.
Your travel agent might have booked using the PAL website for a third party (you). That would be within the rules of PAL allowing you to use the website to manage the reservation. Even tough it would be very rare but you might have found the travel agent that does so.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC
If you use the process linked in #5 on this threat to load your ticket into TripCase you will be able to see the whole e-ticket and normally that includes who the issuer was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.