Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Garuda question

Hello!

I have two questions about Garuda / domestic flights.
1. What is the service in economy class Denpasar - Manado? Hot meal? Snack?
2. What is the service in business class Lombok - Denpasar? In J / business class.

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
You get airline food.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles (most active), Asia Miles (most active), Kris Flyer, Flying Blue, Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by Roderik85
Hello!

I have two questions about Garuda / domestic flights.
1. What is the service in economy class Denpasar - Manado? Hot meal? Snack?
2. What is the service in business class Lombok - Denpasar? In J / business class.

Thanks a lot!
Let me try to answer based on my experience with them:
1. For flights with more than 1.5 hours, they serve hot meal. DPS-MDC is roughly 2.5 hours, so yes, you will get hot meal.
2. LOP-DPS is only 20 min flight, so probably in J you will get some snacks/pastries served on fine chinaware.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:09 pm

Please note that there's no alcohol on domestic routes
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MRTY
Let me try to answer based on my experience with them:
1. For flights with more than 1.5 hours, they serve hot meal. DPS-MDC is roughly 2.5 hours, so yes, you will get hot meal.
2. LOP-DPS is only 20 min flight, so probably in J you will get some snacks/pastries served on fine chinaware.
Thanks! One more question. Do you prefer 6K or 7K in business class 737-800?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Garuda Indonesia always serves food on their flights. You can expect to get a hot meal on your DPS-MDC flight.

LOP-DPS is a very short flight I am sure they serve a snack box (containing a pastry, a cookie and water) in economy and maybe an upgraded version of this in business, but not sure. I do know that even on flights where they give out snack boxes (flights under 1,5hrs) they serve hot meals to J pax, technically LOP-DPS should fall into the same category but I don't see how this can happen on a 20 min flight.

By the way, the food on short domestic flights is pretty amazing on GA!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Did MDC-DPS recently in Y- hot meal, but it was spicy fishy things with rice which I found challenging for such an early flight.

But watched Shawshank Redemption for the 47th time! Take your own headphones - the freebies they give you on the 737's are poor.

Sorry I can't advise you for J, but on the DPS-LOP get a window seat on the left hand side. It's only 25 mins or so in the air.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Did MDC-DPS recently in Y- hot meal, but it was spicy fishy things with rice which I found challenging for such an early flight
Haha well, in Indonesia they don't really have much difference between breakfast, lunch, dinner, ...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles (most active), Asia Miles (most active), Kris Flyer, Flying Blue, Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by Aergales
Please note that there's no alcohol on domestic routes
For domestic business class, they do offer only one choice of alcohol, Bir Bintang.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Roderik85
Thanks! One more question. Do you prefer 6K or 7K in business class 737-800?
I'm not fond of bulkhead seat so I always choose the second row. But basically, the seat pitch for both is quite similar, with the bulkhead one is slightly wider a little bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.