NusaTrip.com: Great Indonesia flight booking site

Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
NusaTrip.com: Great Indonesia flight booking site

I've been having issues with AirAsia not accepting my credit card for flights. It's an intermittent problem, and happens more when I book a flight for a friend (they don't have credit cards).

Enter NusaTrip.com They show up in Skyscanner, and often have a cheaper price than the LCC sites. The price is usually the same though.

Best of all, I've not had one issue with credit cards using their site. Highly recommended. Site is usually easier to use than the LCC site.

Another bonus: they don't add credit card surcharge fees!

There's another site called Tiket.com (indonesian spelling), which I haven't used but is similar.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:23 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Yep agree. Tiket.com I've used a lot for work. Easy
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Totally agree. I like NusaTrip, and also like that you can book tickets in J with them which you used to not be able to do with Tiket.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Just used it because Lion wouldn't accept my CC. Normally I'm wary of OTAs but it seems like this should be fine. Will report back.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Lion's website is a waste of time , other than Garuda i book all other indo domestic tickets on either of these sites.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: asia miles
nusatrip works well. used it to book some domestic flights in Indonesia. no problem at all
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

+1

As shoddy as the website looks to be, nusatrip works exceptionally well with hotel bookings too.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
One more option for Indonesia is https://www.airpaz.com/en/
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by walkingtall
Lion's website is a waste of time , other than Garuda i book all other indo domestic tickets on either of these sites.
Citilink never accepts my Belgian CC though. I use Traveloka most of the time if I don't book with Garuda.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Zolex
Citilink never accepts my Belgian CC though. I use Traveloka most of the time if I don't book with Garuda.
Citilink doesn't accept any foreign cards directly. Last time I needed to book it, did it with Tiket.com.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
No issue with my nusatrip flight other than not being able to buy a nicer seat on Lion (which I would have shelled out the $10 for after coming all the way from Chicago).
Old May 25, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Citilink doesn't accept any foreign cards directly. Last time I needed to book it, did it with Tiket.com.
They do, at least used to. I booked with them directly last year and in the end had to cancel the flight. It ended up being quite painstaking process and I really wished I had used an OTA that time. I usually use Nusatrip.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Laowai
They do, at least used to. I booked with them directly last year and in the end had to cancel the flight. It ended up being quite painstaking process and I really wished I had used an OTA that time. I usually use Nusatrip.
Well, I definitely can imagine that some card went through even though there is no official support for overseas cards (I had such case with Indian Railways earlier, when they did not yet accept any foreign cards but my Amex worked), but I have tried some of mine (from Hong Kong, UK, Russia and perhaps Taiwan) and neither worked with them. Asked Twitter support and here is their reply:

Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Not sure if they made the change recently, but I tried to confirm a Citilink booking today, and the first time it failed saying payment declined. I decided to try again using the "manage booking" with the held itinerary sent to my email, and this time with the same exact payment info, it went through. In this case the price was about 121,000 IDR less booking direct vs using NusaTrip or Tiket.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:16 am

I have mentioned Airpaz above (been recommended by one Indo friend of mine), but recently I had a very unpleasant experience with them, resulting in money & time loss (and could have been much worse if I didn't check my spam folder). Basically I made a booking, approved payment with 3D Secure, booking got confirmed, I got PNR, made a printout and thought I am all good. Yet, I did not see a letter from Airpaz, which I wanted to forward to TripIt in order not to input data manually. Checked spam folder, and to my utter surprise saw the e-mail informing me about my reservation being cancelled (!). Had to rebook with another agency, and by that time ticket price increased. To make things worse, Airpaz charged my card (not just made a hold) and processed refund as a separate transaction, so I lost money also on currency conversion (thanks to Citi, they agreed to compensate me the difference).
Won't be using Airpaz ever again and do not advise to use them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.