Wiki Posts
Search

Air China A-330 business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL; Hilton Honors Diamond
Air China A-330 business class

Hi, I've read a bit on prior threads here but wondering if there is any more recent info on this. I have to travel GVA-PEK soon and may return from Shanghai Pudong or Beijing (that part is still not settled).

Looks like I will be proposed Air China as there is a direct flight to PEK. Haven't flown them since 2008. Any thoughts on their business class in the A-330?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:05 am

Air China business class on the A330 features the Zodiac Aura Lite seat, which is one of the more common J class seats and can also be found on TK, CZ, MU, LO, HU, LAN, AI, among others. It's a standard forward facing flat bed seat which is fairly comfortable, although doesn't offer all aisle access and lacks privacy.

I generally find mainland Chinese carriers to be lacking in service, although not terrible either. Food is generally ok and alcohol is usually a bit limited and the pours are thin....

IFE will have a lot of Chinese options, as well as a decent number of English options, although it is lightyears behind the likes of EK or SQ.

PEK can be a bit of a nightmare for delays, although since your'e going to Beijing rather than connecting there, there's nothing that can really be done.

To be honest, I would take almost any other option over the Chinese airlines, even if it meant an indirect routing.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL; Hilton Honors Diamond
Cheers. Very helpful. In this case it may be difficult with our flight policies to get another carrier since there is a direct flight and that happens to be Air China.

I am Gold with OW and prefer to try and keep my flights with those carriers but it's not going to be easy unless my trip itinerary needs to take in another city pre-Beijing.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:27 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
IMHO if you keep your expectations at a fairly low lever, you might be plesantly surprised.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I've never had a big issue with the service level in CA's business class but the A330 seat sucks. It's lie flat and that's about all I can say about it. It lacks much in terms of adjustment controls, pretty much just up and down, can't control other parts independently. IFE is pretty poor if you're not into Chinese movies. There will be a very small handful of Western new-ish releases but most else will be quite old. Bring a tablet with your own movies if you won't sleep most of the flight.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:51 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I've never had a big issue with the service level in CA's business class but the A330 seat sucks. It's lie flat and that's about all I can say about it. It lacks much in terms of adjustment controls, pretty much just up and down, can't control other parts independently.
Really?

I thought all all CA A330's are fully flat with the same product TK, LO, AI have (while not the Next Gen still comfortable and fully flat).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.