Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Family: BR v. CI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Fare Family: BR v. CI

CI has adopted the fare family system on 10/2, 7 months after BR.

Key differences between the two:

1. Unless it's a flexible fare, you may not revalidate any BR tickets. All tickets must be reissued and there is a charge. As for CI, you may revalidate return leg for free if there is a seat available for cabin booked if it's not booked in discount fare.

2. If there is a fare difference to change on a BR ticket, you will need to pay even if it's the same booking code. Not so for CI.

3. No show incurs a fee, flat fee for CI but different for BR depending on fare type. Almost all cases CI is cheaper than BR.

4. CI has an uniformed ticket change and refund cost based on fare type. BR is not, but you can see a pattern. CI is cheaper across all fees.

5. CI allows Skyteam Elites to select standard seats for free. BR does not allow Star Alliance Elites to select free seats.

6. Almost all type of seat selection is cheaper on CI than BR.

7. CI provides free wifi for flex tickets in Premium Economy and all Business paid passengers with hourly rates. BR provide free wifi for flex tickets in Economy, Premium Economy and all Business paid passengers with usage limits.

Unless BR's ticket is drastically cheaper than CI or many passengers have a concern on CI's safety record, I feel BR is not going to be able to keep the current fare family rule intact for too long. Some of the fees BR has are way overboard and is quite steep even when compared to North American and European carriers.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.