Wiki Posts
Search

5kg carryon limit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

5kg carryon limit

We are looking at flights between Shanghai and Japan. It seems many airlines on those routes have a 5kg limit on carry-on baggage. As I will be carrying a heavy laptop this will be problematic. Do they actually check?

Somebody who isn't very travel-wise as already booked the outbound ticket on Juneyao airlines. If I'm reading their website right they allow 1 piece/10kg--does that truly mean one bag, or is it the usual one bag/one personal item?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Which airline are you looking at?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:54 am

OK, most of my message did not post and I cannot edit it for some reason. The missing part:

If it is Juneyao, I have not seen them checking weight of carry-on luggage on either domestic or international flights. Quantity could be an issue, but so far have not seen any weight restrictions being enforced.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uanj
OK, most of my message did not post and I cannot edit it for some reason. The missing part:

If it is Juneyao, I have not seen them checking weight of carry-on luggage on either domestic or international flights. Quantity could be an issue, but so far have not seen any weight restrictions being enforced.
That's good to hear. I had never even heard of them until her relative booked the ticket.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
That's good to hear. I had never even heard of them until her relative booked the ticket.
They are a Shanghai based Star Alliance connecting partner so I often get booked on them when United issues the ticket. They are supposed to be a full service airline, but their single aisle aircraft have NO IFE in any cabin, even on international flights. Meals are spotty, both quantity and quality. They have just brought in 788s, their first wide bodies, and I flew on one last month. It did at least have IFE in every seat. The plane could not have been much more than a year old, probably less, but looked like they had not cleaned it once. CA and SZ are both a step or two above HO.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by uanj
They are a Shanghai based Star Alliance connecting partner so I often get booked on them when United issues the ticket. They are supposed to be a full service airline, but their single aisle aircraft have NO IFE in any cabin, even on international flights. Meals are spotty, both quantity and quality. They have just brought in 788s, their first wide bodies, and I flew on one last month. It did at least have IFE in every seat. The plane could not have been much more than a year old, probably less, but looked like they had not cleaned it once. CA and SZ are both a step or two above HO.
I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but I honestly prefer 9C --the airline that actually considered developing a standing room only configuration ~10 years ago-- to HO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.