Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hainan Airlines - Complementary hotel in Beijing during layover over 6 hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hainan Airlines - Complementary hotel in Beijing during layover over 6 hours

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy - Ambassador; AS - MVP Gold
Question Hainan Airlines - Complementary hotel in Beijing during layover over 6 hours

I had the choice between a 4 hour layover or a 19 hour layover on an upcoming trip with Hainan. I chose the 19 hour layover as I've never been to Beijing and though it isn't much time I will at least be able to see the night market and city lights.

My question is regarding Hainan's long layover hotel policy. On their website it says the following...

"For passengers traveling in first or business class, passengers needing special assistance and individual travelers:
B. If your layover is longer than 6 hours (on the same day) or overnight, flight service staff will guide you to the designated hotel reception counter and arrange for your complimentary hotel stay. You will need to check out 90 minutes prior to the departure of your flight and transport will be arranged to take you to the Domestic Departure Hall at the Beijing Capital International Airport, where you will check in for your flight.
"

Does anyone know if my trip is included in this as I purposefully chose a long layover? Or if this is only for trips without an option for a shorter layover?

https://www.hainanairlines.com/HUPor...E=US&PAGE=ITRA

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:31 am

Complimentary hotel for coach travelers

I am booking a new reservation with Hainan in coach (not biz or 1st class) and after calling twice to confirm what I thought I heard, was told I was eligible for a complimentary hotel in Beijing because layover was more than 6 hrs. I was told the Hainan people in Beijing airport would have to arrange this at the time. Reluctant to believe this will happen until I hear others have been successful. Does anyone have a comment?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
Any updates on this? HU website seems to indicate hotel is complimentary, but I'm also reluctant to book without some confirmation of this! Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by SoCalNorCal
I had the choice between a 4 hour layover or a 19 hour layover on an upcoming trip with Hainan. I chose the 19 hour layover as I've never been to Beijing and though it isn't much time I will at least be able to see the night market and city lights.

My question is regarding Hainan's long layover hotel policy. On their website it says the following...

"For passengers traveling in first or business class, passengers needing special assistance and individual travelers:
B. If your layover is longer than 6 hours (on the same day) or overnight, flight service staff will guide you to the designated hotel reception counter and arrange for your complimentary hotel stay. You will need to check out 90 minutes prior to the departure of your flight and transport will be arranged to take you to the Domestic Departure Hall at the Beijing Capital International Airport, where you will check in for your flight.
"

Does anyone know if my trip is included in this as I purposefully chose a long layover? Or if this is only for trips without an option for a shorter layover?

https://www.hainanairlines.com/HUPor...E=US&PAGE=ITRA

Thanks in advance!
How did this work out for you?

My wife is on a similar itinerary, with an overnight layover in Beijing.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:40 am

My wife and myself both had an overnight layover in PEK, on an domestic to international itinerary. We flew separately, but we both recieved a hotel room as advertised.

Hainan’s domestic operations at PEK are in Terminal 1, after exiting baggage claims there is a desk with a sign that says something like “Free Hotel for Hainan Transit Passengers”. My wife landed around 17:00 and had a very easy time, they quickly found her a room and put her in a shuttle. My flight landed at PEK at 3AM and the process was not quite so smooth. It seems that rather than organizing hotels in advanced, this being China, the worker at the desk simply calls Hainan’s various partner hotels until he can work out an agreement. An elderly couple in line before me took quite some time to be sorted, it wasn’t really the best at 3 in the morning. Also, after my hotel room was sorted, it was another 20-30 minute wait for the shuttle, which I believe is operated by Hainan rather than the hotel (I don’t know for sure).

I flew economy class, and the hotel room was nothing special. But, I have no complaints, my one way ticket cost about 600 USD, from Kunming to Chicago, and getting a free hotel to crash at during an overnight layover is a service that most airlines do not offer.

Honestly, if you have the time, it isn’t a bad way to fly. It was nice being able to lay down for some sleep, grab a shower, and a change of clothes, before the long flight to Chicago. I am flying the opposite ittinary in a few days, and I am sure I will greatly enjoy being able to sleep and shower immediatly after a 12-13 hour flight, rather than immediatly connect to another 3 hour flight.

All in all, I high recommend Hainan Airlines, the in flight service is excellent, the seats are comfortable, their biggest failure if IFE, but in today’s world fo iPads it isn’t so important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.