FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   90% off GarudaMiles redemption all routes [promo has ended] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1810301-90-off-garudamiles-redemption-all-routes-promo-has-ended.html)

blueferrari Dec 22, 2016 6:00 am

90% off GarudaMiles redemption all routes [promo has ended]

The catch:
  1. As far as I know, only work on GA metal
  2. Reservation can only be made via call center or sales office. To confirm and issue your ticket you need to do it only in GA sales office.
  3. Taxes, fuel surcharge and service fee applied (relatively inexpensive)
  4. Promo until 31 December 2016, fly from 1 February to 31 May 2017.

link: https://garudamiles.com/TopHome/news...The-Year-en-US

UPDATE: PROMO HAS BEEN ENDED
Garuda ended the promo on 24 December 2016 - 00.00 (GMT +7), Sold out. Should you still hold the reservation, it's better to call them to ask if you can ticket it before 31 Des on promo rate.

itsG Dec 22, 2016 8:13 am

Their route network on their website makes it look like they're confined to Southeast Asia. They have a Sales office in Houston but I can't quite find what flights they have that operate towards the US???

Are you certain about the GA metal? That'd be a shame since they have some nice partners.

flo-e Dec 22, 2016 8:13 am

Thanks for sharing.

What does this mean in practice for folks living in a city without a GA sales office?

blueferrari Dec 22, 2016 8:32 am

Originally Posted by itsG (Post 27649169)
Their route network on their website makes it look like they're confined to Southeast Asia. They have a Sales office in Houston but I can't quite find what flights they have that operate towards the US???

Are you certain about the GA metal? That'd be a shame since they have some nice partners.

it's me jumping to the conclusion. while it is not written explicitly, I don't think GA would really allow such discount to fly partners.

outside Southeast Asia, Garuda fly to AMS, LHR, lot of North/East Asia destinations, Australia, Saudi Arabia. recently open Mumbai via BKK. No flight to US so far, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by flo-e (Post 27649172)
Thanks for sharing.

What does this mean in practice for folks living in a city without a GA sales office?

you can have somebody else to do it for you. however, in my experience (years ago) they need to be shown copy of pax' ID/passport, copy/e-card of GarudaMiles, and some kind of authorization letter. for updated policy, it's better to call the airlines directly.

slice Dec 22, 2016 8:32 am

I have to imagine this is a case of mistranslation and the award is PRICED at 90% (i.e. 10% discount).

I do hope to stand corrected..

synd Dec 22, 2016 8:38 am

slice, while you're probably right, would be too good to be true, I certainly hope you're wrong, crossing fingers, toes, hairs and everything else i can ;)!

will have to wait a few hours to check on the asian call centers tomorow. Maybe someone can try in EU or USA and get us an answer before!

blueferrari Dec 22, 2016 8:39 am

Originally Posted by slice (Post 27649247)
I have to imagine this is a case of mistranslation and the award is PRICED at 90% (i.e. 10% discount).

I do hope to stand corrected..

a lot of folks in Indonesia reporting that it's true. I have called the call center and they are confirming it.

I will find out myself tomorrow morning (it's almost midnight in Indonesia) when I go to the ticketing office.

Jaimito Cartero Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am

I can think of no logical reason why GA would give a 90% award discount. 10-25%, sure.

It's just not the Indonesian way. Be careful if you are transferring points. I'd certainly love to try their long haul F for 19k miles, though.

flo-e Dec 22, 2016 8:49 am

The wording in the original language is pretty clear: https://garudamiles.com/TopHome-id-I...l-of-The-Year/

Duke787 Dec 22, 2016 9:34 am

Point Me To The Plane seems to have confirmed this legit

http://pointmetotheplane.boardingare...608.1471289997

Update: I was just able to get through the phone line, and was (correctly) quoted 19,000 miles for a one-way First Class ticket from Amsterdam to Jakarta.
Outrageous redemption value - would love to try it but (1) not sure I have an open place in the calendar to position to Europe/Asia for this and (2) I fear by the time my TYP transfer the promotion will be dead.

If TYP transferred instantly this would be an incredible use of TYPs at 19k for 14 hours in F

redtop Dec 22, 2016 10:24 am

Unable to create Garuda account online

Was anyone able to create a Garuda account online? I tried using three different browsers and am unable to select a "City" for my address.

Jaimito Cartero Dec 22, 2016 10:26 am

I hope it is legit. Just need to find a friend with GA miles. :)

aerialfish Dec 22, 2016 10:27 am

Originally Posted by redtop (Post 27649774)
Was anyone able to create a Garuda account online? I tried using three different browsers and am unable to select a "City" for my address.

Just type it in on the right hand side text box

onfo Dec 22, 2016 10:28 am

I have a ticket on hold but they are saying I need to go to the booking office to complete it....any work around A for this?

redtop Dec 22, 2016 10:36 am

Originally Posted by aerialfish (Post 27649784)
Just type it in on the right hand side text box

Thanks, but I don't see what you mean. Could you clarify where is the right hand side text box that I can type into? After selecting the USA as my country, it populates a pull-down list of states. After I select my state, the pull-down list of cities is given focus, but the list of cities is empty (it just contains "Select"). I tried selecting the "Select" choice for the list of cities and typing over it, but nothing appears. I do not see any text box to the right of the list of cities.