Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

90% off GarudaMiles redemption all routes [promo has ended]

90% off GarudaMiles redemption all routes [promo has ended]

Old Dec 28, 16, 2:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
Still no miles in the account.. I feel as if GA is intentionally delaying the posting of miles from Citi transfers.
Ditto... something smells fishy here...
Old Dec 28, 16, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by oneworld82 View Post
you may want to double check with citi if they had the correct membership number. There are data points on this thread that says transfers take 2 days and that is my experience as well. I requested transfer morning of the 23rd US time and it hit my garudamiles account on the night of 26th. I guess that is one full business day and then the open of business in asia the following day. Which actually is exactly what the citi rep told me will take when I initiated the transfer request over the phone, that it normally takes 24 hours, but can be up to 14 days.
Old Dec 28, 16, 2:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
i mean it was just Christmas a few days ago give them the benefit of the doubt jeeze
Old Dec 28, 16, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
i mean it was just Christmas a few days ago give them the benefit of the doubt jeeze
I would - if there weren't other instances of people getting their miles transferred successfully...

I actually initiated two transfers from my Premier and Prestige accounts - none of them posted yet... I double checked the account number in the request and all looked fine...
Old Dec 28, 16, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet View Post
you may want to double check with citi if they had the correct membership number. There are data points on this thread that says transfers take 2 days and that is my experience as well. I requested transfer morning of the 23rd US time and it hit my garudamiles account on the night of 26th. I guess that is one full business day and then the open of business in asia the following day. Which actually is exactly what the citi rep told me will take when I initiated the transfer request over the phone, that it normally takes 24 hours, but can be up to 14 days.
Yes, up to 14 days - that's what I do not like there... I will call as soon as the call center opens - for now, my GA account still shows only 200 miles...
Old Dec 28, 16, 4:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Yes, up to 14 days - that's what I do not like there... I will call as soon as the call center opens - for now, my GA account still shows only 200 miles...
Maybe you should try to cancel the transfer and just call the GA AMS office and purchase the miles?
Old Dec 28, 16, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer View Post
Maybe you should try to cancel the transfer and just call the GA AMS office and purchase the miles?
Let's see what Citi tells me first :-/
Old Dec 28, 16, 5:40 am

Let's see what Citi tells me first :-/
Same here. I initiated transfer on 22DEC and have not gotten it. I called Garuda and they said that they did not get any miles from Citi yet. I called Citi and they said that it might take "7-14 days" for the transfer. I tried to cancel the transfer but they said that it's too late. Hopefully it would go through by 30DEC.
Old Dec 28, 16, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jcnkc View Post
Same here. I initiated transfer on 22DEC and have not gotten it. I called Garuda and they said that they did not get any miles from Citi yet. I called Citi and they said that it might take "7-14 days" for the transfer. I tried to cancel the transfer but they said that it's too late. Hopefully it would go through by 30DEC.
Yes,
I reconfirmed with Citi and they said they sent the miles fine. Not sure what's going on...
Old Dec 28, 16, 7:47 am

Just spoke with the Amsterdam office. Super helpful and, in theory, a very simple process. The representative promised to send me the forms within the hour which will allow purchase of the required miles and payment of taxes. They are happy to accept US credit cards.

She did note, however, that the ticket (which is in first) would NOT include ground services.
Old Dec 28, 16, 7:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I received the email with the payment form this morning, it contained an error, they calculated 200% of the required amount of miles. After correcting this they quickly sent a new mail with the correct amount and issued the tickets this afternoon.

can't wait to try out GA next year.
Old Dec 28, 16, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by NYCscotsman View Post
Just spoke with the Amsterdam office. Super helpful and, in theory, a very simple process. The representative promised to send me the forms within the hour which will allow purchase of the required miles and payment of taxes. They are happy to accept US credit cards.

She did note, however, that the ticket (which is in first) would NOT include ground services.
They also mentioned this ground services point to me. Quite odd. I presume it means no lounge access and no person walking passengers from check-in to the lounge and to the gate.

While I know these tickets were very cheap, they still cost more than EUR500 on AMS-CGK (including the cost of the miles). Surely the cost of providing the ground service is irrelevant in the big scheme of things (maybe EUR25 for the lounge, but that is about it), so am not sure why they cannot just provide this.
Old Dec 28, 16, 8:55 am

They also mentioned this ground services point to me. Quite odd. I presume it means no lounge access and no person walking passengers from check-in to the lounge and to the gate.

While I know these tickets were very cheap, they still cost more than EUR500 on AMS-CGK (including the cost of the miles). Surely the cost of providing the ground service is irrelevant in the big scheme of things (maybe EUR25 for the lounge, but that is about it), so am not sure why they cannot just provide this.
yep the Amsterdam team were great and definitely the way to go - would definitely recommend as possible to eticket with just card authorisation form via email

taxes from Ams - Cgk in First were E215 (more than the E25 on the Garuda site) but apparently on award redemptions fuel surcharges are payable
Old Dec 28, 16, 9:37 am

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
+1 on using the AMS ticketing office. I was able to successfully ticket my reservation (with 2 passengers!) with them this morning. They sent over a credit authorization form, which I printed, filled out, scanned, and emailed back.

Jakarta - Amsterdam ( First Class Cabin Service only) 19000

Please notice the total amount that you have to pay per person is EUR 202.09
Overall, the process was stressful (thinking that I'd not being able to ticket it and end up with with orphaned miles), but not that difficult.
Old Dec 28, 16, 10:12 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium

I agree. People might say it's greedy but it's all part of the experience. Not having lounge access is super cheap. I might just back out of this promo since it's just been a hassle. Not sure if I want to position to Asia then back from Europe for just a partial experience in GA F.

Search this Thread