Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China J experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by narvik
Does ANY airline offer this?
In China? Don't know. But worldwide, yes, there are several. Usually for a transit of around 6-8 hours or more.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
In China? Don't know. But worldwide, yes, there are several. Usually for a transit of around 6-8 hours or more.
Seems Qatar does it

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/hia-hamad-international-airport/transit-accommodation.html
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:28 am
Suspended

For Air China transit hotels, please refers to Air China Website.

Air China offers eligible passengers one night of free accommodation, breakfast, and transportation between the transit hotel and airport.This service is available in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Tianjin.

In Shanghai, free transportation is only available between Pudong International Airport and the transit hotel. Passengers transferring at Hongqiao International Airport must make their own travel arrangements.

Passengers must transfer at one of the above locations and meet the Air China transit hotel terms and conditions to be eligible for this service.

1、Transit time

Passengers must have an overnight layover in the transfer city which lasts between 6 and 24 hours.

2、Passengers must hold a connecting flight ticket whose ticket number begins with “999.”Passengers must hold a connecting flight ticket with two or more segments booked under the same reference number and ticket number. Alternatively, passengers may hold multiple tickets with consecutive ticket numbers if they booked too many segments.

4、Both inbound and outbound segments must bear the CA airline code.

TIPS by Air China:
1、The transit hotel service is a complimentary service provided for customer convenience only. Air China is not obliged to offer this service for connecting flights, nor is this service bundled with paid flights. Passengers are not charged a fee for using this service, nor the cost of this service included in the ticket price or taxes paid by customers. Air China does not assume any liability for issues that relate to the service provider.

2、This service is provided subject to room availability at partner hotels. Air China cannot guarantee that accommodation will be available for all qualifying passengers. Therefore, passengers should book accommodation as soon as possible after confirming their itinerary.

3、Passengers must book a transit hotel in person or through a self-service channel prior to boarding their inbound flight. On-arrival bookings are not accepted.

4、In the event of a flight segment change, passengers must re-book accommodation in advance; otherwise, their booking will be invalidated.

5、After arriving at the hotel, passengers must present the identification documents used to purchase their tickets, as well as any relevant boarding passes to verify their identity. Hotel staff may retain copies of customer identification documents and boarding passes. If customers do not agree to have their documents copied, they will be considered to have voluntarily forfeited use of the transit hotel service.

6、Hotel check-in and check-out times are determined by the hotel.

7、Passengers who have reserved transit hotels in Beijing, Chengdu, or Shanghai should go to the Air China transfer service desk upon arrival to request a pick-up. If the service desk is closed, passengers can contact the hotel directly using the contact details enclosed in the booking confirmation. Alternatively, passengers can call the Air China Sales and Service Hotline (95583) and follow the instructions left at the service desk. Air China will contact the hotel on their behalf to request a pick-up.

8、Passengers who have reserved transit hotels in Hangzhou and Tianjin can contact the hotel directly using the contact details enclosed in the booking confirmation. Alternatively, passengers can call the Air China Sales and Service Hotline (95583.) Air China will contact the hotel on their behalf to request a pick-up.

9、For transit hotel enquiries, passengers can call the Air China Sales and Service Hotline at 95583.

HOTEL LIST:
(1)Beijing

Aulympic Airportel: 0086-10-64548082

Yuanhang International Hotel: 0086-10-84166040

Konggang Express Hotel: 0086-10-64568436

Jinhangxian International Hotel: 0086-10-52130077

Kaisheng Xingfeng International Hotel: 0086-10-84456688

(2)Chengdu

Shangxiang Aviation Hotel: 0086-28-62596699

Chengdu Xiangyu Hotel: 0086-28-81515111, 81517060

Chengdu Chuangang Hotel: 0086-28-62599000,62599111

Chengdu Airport First Class Business Hotel:0086-28-85798080, 85798181

(3)Shanghai

Shanghai Water Tribunal Resort: 0086-21-3893000 (Reception), 0086-18121106379 (Airport pick-up)

Shanghai Wanxin Select Hotels: 0086-21-50565211 (Front Desk) 0086-15221697736, 15221693037 (Airport pick-up)

(4)Tianjin

Holiday Inn Express Tianjin Airport: 0086-22-58992288 ext. 0

Huihao Business Hotel: 0086-22-24905555

(5)Hangzhou

Xiaoshan Gold Coast Hotel: 0086-571-83692753
TIPS from me:
1, Air China transit desk in PEK T3E could offer accommodation service when transit between Air China international flights. But hotel choice is generally not very good.
2, Current hotel contract lasts until middle of February. For travel from March 2019 onwards, it is advised to call Air China approximately 10 days after Spring Festival (5th February 2019, so call after 15th).
3, If your booking contains one flight that is not the first transit flight you could have taken, be prepared for refusal of transit hotel. For example, you arrive with CA100 at 13:00, and the first flight out of PEK is at 17:00. Instead of this flight, your reservation booked you on the later flight at 20:00, which technically qualifies transit hotel. But as there was an earlier departure, reservation department may refuse the request. In that case, you may have better luck in T3E Air China transit service desk.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
CZ does. I had a 9 hour layover in CAN and was put up at the Pullman hotel at the airport (landside.) The hotel was quite nice. Other airlines that I know do this are EK, TK and perhaps OZ.

However, if the hotel choices offered by CA for transit pax are anything like those used for missed connections, I would skip it and book my own hotel. I missed a connection at PEK and CA put us up at the Golden Phoenix hotel (or something like that) and it was dreadful. Best avoided.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by 1kBill
.. CA put us up at the Golden Phoenix hotel (or something like that) and it was dreadful. Best avoided.
Yep.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...g-Beijing.html
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:01 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Official rules are here:

https://www.airchina.de/DE/GB/booking/hotels/

I think folks reported on this forum, that despite the rules they were successful with getting complimentary hotel for same day (long) connection.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Also KE does this. I think it is referred to as 'STPC' - (STopover Paid by Carrier).
jawnbc likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
not air china. they build a big terminal that will never be full with transit passengers.
sheesh. at what time do you pass through there? I can barely seem to find seats anywhere in their PEK, PVG, SHA lounges. anything in china is full very shortly after completion.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by thelister
Does anyone know if all A330-300 (especially from PEK to MUC) is lie-flat? Would hate to have an angled flat for an overnighter.
lie flat. iMHO it's quite good. food is not bad either and service attitude is good. nothing overly noteworthy like TK J but definitely good. I've had worse service from LH on that route.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by pandablood
sheesh. at what time do you pass through there? I can barely seem to find seats anywhere in their PEK, PVG, SHA lounges. anything in china is full very shortly after completion.
the lounges are always crowded. the huge terminal however is always empty (relatively empty).
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chongcao
For Air China transit hotels, please refers to Air China Website.

TIPS from me:
1, Air China transit desk in PEK T3E could offer accommodation service when transit between Air China international flights. But hotel choice is generally not very good.
Thats an understatement! I had a quick look at the Beijing ones on Trip Advisor and they all looked pretty grim. And price showing between US$28 and $50 a night for the various hotels so not exactly a huge benefit.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Thats an understatement! I had a quick look at the Beijing ones on Trip Advisor and they all looked pretty grim. And price showing between US$28 and $50 a night for the various hotels so not exactly a huge benefit.
I don't think the 'luxury transit hotels' are included in that list? Although I wouldn't expect much either way...

3、 Accommodation options

(1)For passengers transferring in Beijing and Chendu, if the international segment of a connecting flight is operated by Air China and the booking class is first class or business class (fare codes P/F/A/J/C/D/Z/R), passengers may call the Air China Sales and Service Hotline (95583) to book a luxury transit hotel.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Hopefully you don't mind a mini bump.

I've got a CA J flight coming up KMG-RGN (2:10 flight duration). This is an incredibly frivolous question, but this is FT. I was wondering if CA serves champagne on regional J routes. PEK-BKK and PEK-ICN seem to. I am wondering if route yield/prestige, flight duration, aircraft type etc factor in. CA's regional services look a tad more polished than MU's (e.g. printed menu, wine list), but most CA trip reports are naturally PEK based. KMG is at best a minor focus city for SE Asia routes (relatively speaking).
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Amelorn
Hopefully you don't mind a mini bump.

I've got a CA J flight coming up KMG-RGN (2:10 flight duration). This is an incredibly frivolous question, but this is FT. I was wondering if CA serves champagne on regional J routes. PEK-BKK and PEK-ICN seem to. I am wondering if route yield/prestige, flight duration, aircraft type etc factor in. CA's regional services look a tad more polished than MU's (e.g. printed menu, wine list), but most CA trip reports are naturally PEK based. KMG is at best a minor focus city for SE Asia routes (relatively speaking).
KMG is not a CA focus city. This route is a 'legacy' route from the CAAC days with the complete routing of PEK-KMG-RGN. Today this route is operated by CTU crew and the crew do a CTU-KMG-RGN return. CTU based crew has different service procedures compare to PEK based but not much difference. You should get a sparkling wine choice hopefully but I am not entirely sure.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by chongcao
KMG is not a CA focus city. This route is a 'legacy' route from the CAAC days with the complete routing of PEK-KMG-RGN. Today this route is operated by CTU crew and the crew do a CTU-KMG-RGN return. CTU based crew has different service procedures compare to PEK based but not much difference. You should get a sparkling wine choice hopefully but I am not entirely sure.
Thanks for the background!

I can confirm, to my surprise, that they serve champagne.
Greenpen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.