Wiki Posts
Search

low cost carriers? Hong Kong to Bali

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
low cost carriers? Hong Kong to Bali

I'm looking for a one-way flight from HKG to DPS and haven't been able to find any non-stops below $380. Seems like the only airlines flying direct are Garuda Indonesia (skyteam), Cathay (one world), and Hong Kong airlines. Cathay has no awards on that date and the Garuda award comes up on the airfrance website for 25k miles (business class only). Does anyone know of any low cost carriers that just don't pop up on flight matrix?

$380 is not that much theoretically but since I'm flying to Bali on an award ticket, with a stop-in HKG (scheduled to land a few days earlier than I need to arrive in Bali), I'm thinking of skipping the HKG-DPS leg of my award ticket and looking to book a cheap one way HKG-DPS on the day I need.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by MissMiles
I'm looking for a one-way flight from HKG to DPS and haven't been able to find any non-stops below $380. Seems like the only airlines flying direct are Garuda Indonesia (skyteam), Cathay (one world), and Hong Kong airlines. Cathay has no awards on that date and the Garuda award comes up on the airfrance website for 25k miles (business class only). Does anyone know of any low cost carriers that just don't pop up on flight matrix?
HKG is not exactly blessed with low cost carriers

But there's additional flights on Dragonair on Thursday and Sunday, just in case you didn't check for award availability on those as well.

Another option would be to fly from SZX if you have a visa (~300 USD on CZ, not worth it).

I am not familiar with AF miles, but 25K for a one-way 5 hour flight in J sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Originally Posted by gpia
HKG is not exactly blessed with low cost carriers

But there's additional flights on Dragonair on Thursday and Sunday, just in case you didn't check for award availability on those as well.

Another option would be to fly from SZX if you have a visa (~300 USD on CZ, not worth it).

I am not familiar with AF miles, but 25K for a one-way 5 hour flight in J sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
I checked all the other nearby days on Cathay and nothing. I figured it out though. There was a HKG-CGK flight available on the day I need, so I changed my HKG-DPS flight to that one. Then I will take a flight from CGK-DPS, and those flights run hourly at $40-$60 a ticket.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:40 pm

I checked all the other nearby days on Cathay and nothing. I figured it out though. There was a HKG-CGK flight available on the day I need, so I changed my HKG-DPS flight to that one. Then I will take a flight from CGK-DPS, and those flights run hourly at $40-$60 a ticket.
Sounds like a good plan ^
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....but since I'm flying to Bali on an award ticket, with a stop-in HKG (scheduled to land a few days earlier than I need to arrive in Bali), I'm thinking of skipping the HKG-DPS leg of my award ticket and looking to book a cheap one way HKG-DPS on the day I need.
If you no show on any segment the rest to flights/ticket will be cancelled. This is normal airline practice
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
If you no show on any segment the rest to flights/ticket will be cancelled. This is normal airline practice
I understand she wants to skip that leg for her booking, not the trip itself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.