Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Air - 1:15 connection at TPE: Can I make it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:23 am
Original Poster

China Air - 1:15 connection at TPE: Can I make it?

Hi all -

(hope this is the right place to post this)

I am booking a flight on China Air, with a connection at TPE. I see a 1:15 hour connection time, which seems ok at TPE but then I noticed I have to travel from terminal 2 to terminal 1 to make the connection. On the return flight, I have the exact same timing/connection in reverse!

Is this risky at TPE? I am always impressed with how quickly things move, but I never fly CI so I'm not sure about this. I am flying with a whole family this time, so I don't mind a tight connection but if it's super-risky I might reconsider.

This will occur at 6AM on the outbound, and 1AM on the return.

thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
You should be fine. T1 and T2 are actually connected. You can either take the tram or walk.

I assume you are doing LAX or SFO-TPE-BKK, in which case even if you miss your flight, CI will rebook you on another dozen or so flights between TPE-BKK.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: BR Gold
Originally Posted by bzcat
You should be fine. T1 and T2 are actually connected. You can either take the tram or walk.

I assume you are doing LAX or SFO-TPE-BKK, in which case even if you miss your flight, CI will rebook you on another dozen or so flights between TPE-BKK.
+1

There is no need to worry about the transit procedure at all. It is a very simply process.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
You'll be fine.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Even with only 1 hour you'll be okay. TPE is too easy to connect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.