Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Korean air or China Southern from SFO TO MNL in business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean air or China Southern from SFO TO MNL in business class?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by futtfy
Can anyone advice me if the A380 CZ flight from LAX-CAN seat 16 E&F and 18 E&F are good choices for the couple seats? Should I switch to other numbers.... 16 is on the back whereas 18 is on the first front of the other half of the fleet... Any advice? Thanks!
I prefer the forward cabin (thus 16EF).
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:46 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Chinese airlines do not generally treat pax reasonably fine in irrops. I would choose KE even with the 12-hr layover.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by royng
Chinese airlines do not generally treat pax reasonably fine in irrops.
How so? The chance of irrops is fairly low. I don't generally select an airline based on how it might handle irrops - there are other more important factors (such as a guaranteed long transit on KE).

Did you know CZ provides transit accommodation in first & business on transfers longer than 8 hours at CAN, even if there are shorter transit times available?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

16Ef For lax to can but they only could offer 18EF on the return from can to lax

What should I do? Should I move the 18 or keep it?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
OP Is NH an considerable option or pricing issue?

I'm not familiar with how CAN operates since I've never been there but I'm pretty sure anyone can say it's better to connect at ICN than anywhere within China.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TennisNoob

I'm not familiar with how CAN operates since I've never been there but I'm pretty sure anyone can say it's better to connect at ICN than anywhere within China.
For 12 hours?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:24 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by TennisNoob

I disagree - for international transfers CAN beats ICN in my experience (dozens of connections at each of ICN and CAN). I've never waited more than a few minutes in queues at CAN (and have sometimes waited far longer at ICN), there is no transfer security check at CAN (but is at CAN), no change of terminal at CAN (but can have change of terminal at ICN), and a small international terminal (so no long walks to/from gates) at CAN. CAN international was very small until very recently - a pier has just been converted from domestic so now a 5 minute walk to/from international gate is (just) possible. The lounges are reasonably similar at CAN & ICN. With the 2nd international pier I assume there will be reduced usage of remote stands at CAN. One downside of CAN if flying China Southern is if the aircraft's next flight is domestic the arrival gate will be in the wrong part of the terminal and so bussed to international arrivals (minivan for premium passengers).
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:12 am

If you want to avoid the layover, you can always combine KE and CZ fares. That could be an option too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.