FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   China Southern Airlines - credit card verification question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1700586-china-southern-airlines-credit-card-verification-question.html)

TheManWhoSoldTheWorld Aug 6, 2015 4:05 am

China Southern Airlines - credit card verification question

Hello,

China Southern Airlines' FAQ shows that the credit card used for payment be presented at the time of check-in at the airport. If I booked through a web-based agent like Orbitz or Expedia, will the airline still ask to see the card at the time of check-in? The problem here is that I'm not traveling and I HAVE to use my card to purchase three tickets for my family members' return to the U.S from Bangladesh in about two weeks time.

Any advice on how to proceed with this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Does booking through Chase Ultimate Rewards also fall into the same category as booking through Orbitz/Expedia/etc.?

moondog Aug 6, 2015 4:54 am

There is no credit card verification when booking through agencies.

TheManWhoSoldTheWorld Aug 7, 2015 2:37 am

Thanks, moondog, for the information!

hightide Apr 2, 2019 3:25 pm

So a China Southern ticket booked through Orbitz will be charged by Orbitz and not China Southern?

Just wanted to make sure as I plan to buy a China-Malaysia ticket for my brother via Orbitz with my card and I won't be present.

exwannabe Apr 2, 2019 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 30957843)
So a China Southern ticket booked through Orbitz will be charged by Orbitz and not China Southern?

Just wanted to make sure as I plan to buy a China-Malaysia ticket for my brother via Orbitz with my card and I won't be present.

AFAIK, this is always true on all carriers and all TAs (online or not). When you pay a TA, that transaction is between them and you. The airlines is paid by the TA. The airline should not even know what your CC is in order to verify it.

Bub001 Apr 3, 2019 2:41 am

I’ve taken dozens of trips on CZ in the last 5 years. I’ve never been asked to show a cc when checking in,

HanBkk Apr 3, 2019 3:23 am

Originally Posted by hightide (Post 30957843)

I've bought tickets on China Southern from Orbitz in the past that have shown up as a China Southern charge on my credit card. I even received 5X points with an Amex platinum. This has happened with tickets from Orbitz on other non US airlines as well.

I never had them ask me for the card at check in, but I've always been the passenger as well as card holder.