Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia Date Change Glitch? (on changeable ticket)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Air Asia Date Change Glitch? (on changeable ticket)

Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch in the AirAsia system, or just how it is?

I've made a reservation for a "Premium Flatbed" business-esque class flight on AirAsia in December from DPS to TPE. The date/time change option on this booking is listed as follows: "Up to 2 hours before scheduled departure time
Next available flight is 4 hours; or later. Subject to any fare difference."

I got a great deal for 2 tickets for 4,780,000 rupiah (US$353, or $176.50 per person) during a sale a while back.

Those prices are long gone, and I'm looking to switch into a regular economy seat to change my flight day, at around the same price.

When I go to book a new flight from scratch, tickets for the non-refundable "low fare" start at 1,400,000 IDR/US$103 (plus the seat assignment / luggage / meal that were all included in the price of the flatbed ticket.)

However, when I go to change my reservation, this exact same flight shows up as 2,300,000 IDR/US$170, and not the 1.4 mil option.

By the way, the "low fare" option is the only price that changes. The "premium flex" and "premium flatbed" prices are the same on both pages.

After adding 25 kg of luggage (instead of the 40 with flatbed) and selecting a standard seat, I end up owing 1,336,000 IDR/US$100 for a date change and a downgrade to economy.

I understand the inflexibility of booking budget airlines, but I have to admit I'm surprised that the supposedly fee-free change results in different prices than are available for new bookings.

Has anybody else had this happen? Is it a glitch or how the system is supposed to be?

Thank you for your replies.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Well according to this website, this route is going to be cancelled from Sept 2015. You may want to check other alternatives.

Indonesia AirAsia Extra is ending service on Denpasar – Taipei Taoyuan route, as its web booking system shows last service scheduled on 28/29SEP15. This route was launched in January 2015, initially once a week, and increased to 4 weekly from late-March 2015.

Existing schedule as follow.

XT900 DPS1815 – 0010+1TPE 330 x246
XT901 TPE0110 – 0620DPS 330 x357
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 7free
Well according to this website, this route is going to be cancelled from Sept 2015. You may want to check other alternatives.
OH MY!!!

The other day, when I originally made this post, I was still able to change to the same flight on a different day (at a higher rate.) Today, that option is gone. But my reservation is still there, and I can even change seats or add luggage.

I wonder what options Air Asia will give me -- a refund or a transfer to another flight at the same price? (I did book the business class ticket, so hopefully I'm not forced to pay the higher price now available for an economy seat on a flight stopping in KUL!) I'm number 89 in the chat queue now, let's see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.