Search

Garuda Indonesia Bidupgade Program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rukes
Bump on this:

For the upgrade, does it change your fare code if you get the upgrade, or do you still earn miles only in the original booked fare class?

Currently in V and would definately be down to bid if it means getting an upgrade and getting a fare class that actually will give me miles.
Well SIN-DPS is about 1000 miles, but I received 1550 so maybe I did get class of service miles.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 21, 2017 at 9:01 pm
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:43 pm
UMD

I have done this a few times. Once your bidupgrade is accepted, you will get the miles based on the new class fare.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by UMD
I have done this a few times. Once your bidupgrade is accepted, you will get the miles based on the new class fare.
Can confirm this as well. My bidupgrade to first class repaid itself in free domestic flights!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:45 am

Does buying a ticket in full fare Y vs other discounted coach fare classes, such as N, have any impact on Bidupgrade?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by savekenny
Does buying a ticket in full fare Y vs other discounted coach fare classes, such as N, have any impact on Bidupgrade?
It may or may not it depends on how they programmed their bidding, that is amount of Bid supersedes booking class or not?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Rukes
Bump on this:

For the upgrade, does it change your fare code if you get the upgrade, or do you still earn miles only in the original booked fare class?

Currently in V and would definately be down to bid if it means getting an upgrade and getting a fare class that actually will give me miles.
Yes u get full biz class miles (150%) if im not wrong
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

Looking at further insight/data points on this ?
If booking the cheapest eligible Y fare, what sort of price can I expect to pay to upgrade MEL-CGK to J ?

Would the amount of $ needed to bid/upgrade be less or would the chances of the upgrade clearing be higher if I instead booked a flex or semi-flex Y ticket instead ?

Cheers

Last edited by Nizar; Jan 12, 2018 at 1:55 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Adding a data point. I have a SIN-CGK-HND Economy booking in mid-February, it's booked to V class which I presume is the cheapest, most restrictive economy promo fare.

Didn't get any email, but thanks to this thread I keyed in my PNR into the BidUpgrade website and was pleasantly surprised that the ticket is eligible for BidUpgrade.

SIN-CGK: 933k - 1358k IDR (didn't bid)
CGK-HND: 2229k - 7990k IDR (bid 3291k)
HND-CGK: Fixed at 5326k IDR (didn't bid)
CGK-SIN: 933k - 1358k IDR (didn't bid)

Last edited by shuigao; Jan 30, 2018 at 12:04 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

Looking at further insight/data points on this ?
If booking the cheapest eligible Y fare, what sort of price can I expect to pay to upgrade MEL-CGK to J ?

Would the amount of $ needed to bid/upgrade be less or would the chances of the upgrade clearing be higher if I instead booked a flex or semi-flex Y ticket instead ?

Cheers
Just to add a data point,
I bought the cheapest Y ticket for MEL-CGK that was in the allowable booking class.

I bid Rp.5,577,000 which was about the mid point between the middle (4,000,000) and the highest possible bid (6,500,000) and surprisingly got an email 24hrs before departure advising that my bid is unsuccessful
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
Strangely, my credit card got debited for 3,291,430 x 2 (the bid amount) on 29th January. But as I haven't gotten any email or other confirmation of success (the online manage booking still shows economy), I'm not sure what this means.

[edit] It seems that it might be just a hold rather than an actual debit. I guess I just got confused by the timing of the deduction.

I made the bid on 16th Jan
Credit Card debited on 29th Jan
Flight is on 9th Feb

Last edited by shuigao; Jan 30, 2018 at 12:33 am
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:42 pm

For anyone reading this in future, the 3291k bid was just at the bottom of the second section on the "speedometer" gauge, and I got acceptance email T-35 hours before flight departure.

Hadn't checked in yet because OLCI was only scheduled for T-24
The acceptance email states that I can only check in at the counter, not online, so let's see how it goes.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I got 5x award tix on DL for KIX-DPS. Waiting for DL to send me booking # for GA. Any chance I can bid on upgrade? Only 1x J available at time of booking.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:31 am

For anyone reading this in future, the 3291k bid was just at the bottom of the second section on the "speedometer" gauge, and I got acceptance email T-35 hours before flight departure.

Hadn't checked in yet because OLCI was only scheduled for T-24
The acceptance email states that I can only check in at the counter, not online, so let's see how it goes.
Yes as long inside 2nd section (even lower end) and not many ppl taking business on that flight, you will get it.

Problem is everytime I successfully bid, upon reaching Business Class Checkin they need to "reticket" and you can't checkin online. Also, the checkin may take longer time.
not sure if this problem only happens to me. But I upgraded like 5 times and always got delayed at the checkin desk.
In 1 case even worse, ask me to bloody pay additional 5 juta after my card had been charged. So ridiculous and need to call the Garuda office.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:37 am

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the acceptable upgrade bids are for J to F from Jakarta to London and/or London to Jakarta?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the acceptable upgrade bids are for J to F from Jakarta to London and/or London to Jakarta?
not sure the range for that, but in general i think as long it is in the 2nd section of the gauge it has chance to get accepted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.