Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air China Layover Overnight Accomodations - Still Valid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

http://www.airchina.com/in/en/travel...9/235492.shtml

Came across people discussing Air China's free overnight accommodations for passengers on layover as long as both incoming and outgoing flights are on Air China and the trip is an international one.
  1. Is this still an ongoing offer?
  2. Does anyone have experience using the free accommodations?
  3. Is this valid on Business award tickets?
  4. Are there other eligibility rules, e.g. Minimum number of hours stay, has to be overnight, etc?

I was considering getting a business award ticket ICN > PEK > SYD, and was wondering if I could use the offer.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:02 am

what time is your icn - pek flight? I think you can take the afternoon flight arriving in PEK around 2:30 and then make the flight to SYD.

Back to your question, yes, CA still provides the free overnight hotel stays. But not on award tickets.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gavin1989
what time is your icn - pek flight? I think you can take the afternoon flight arriving in PEK around 2:30 and then make the flight to SYD.

Back to your question, yes, CA still provides the free overnight hotel stays. But not on award tickets.
....and, their hotel list is cringe worthy.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
That's too bad it does not work for award tickets. The lounges are open 24 hours though, right? Those sleeping pods with beds are great although open at the top to the terminal noise, which is annoying. I wonder if one could spend like 6-7 hours in there overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.