Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vanilla Air Brief Report

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Vanilla Air Brief Report

I flew Vanilla Air, another LCC created by ANA, in March from Hong Kong to Tokyo Narita. The ticket is $1000HKD, which is a plus fare that allows changes and free premium seat and baggage allowance. For this price, my expectation is low and to no surprise, Vanilla Air is the least impressive Japanese LCCs compared to Jetstar Japan and Peach. The seats don't recline and legroom on regular rows is tight. The new NRT terminal three was not used when I flew it last month, so the ground experience might not be important. I believe that there will be real gates for international flights and there will be less walking. The bridge to the domestic pier looks impressive, but it also means that lots of walking. I think I am accustomed to LCCs now but my first choice is still Peach and Jetstar Japan!

Busy flight - given its cheap fares

Of course we have to use the satellite building but at least there are real gates.

Cabin shot

Regular row

During the flight, I saw someone tried to work with a regular laptop (Apple MacBook Pro 13") and it was near impossible.

Exit row

Advertisement

Well there are still magazines and all kind of shopping brochure

I ordered food - and the special Hokkaido seafood in miso sauce with rice and Vanilla Air custard bun. First, I was glad that they did not run out of hot food like Peach, and second, the food was actually quite good. There was some coupons for some fare packages.

Sharklet shot

Exit cabin shot

Baggage delivery time was acceptable, and in general, the staffs are efficient and friendly. They use those slim line seats, which are not so fun. Anyway, you get what you pay for. For this price, I can't really complain.

Carfield
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:29 am

That meal looks so miniscule. How much did they charge for it?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Any more recent posts on Vanilla Air

I want to try them HKG-NRT. I noticed the new T3 is now functional at NRT since OP. Keeping fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.