Wiki Posts
Search

CI TPE T1 lounge (link and photos)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
CI TPE T1 lounge (link and photos)

China Airlines just renovated their lounge at Terminal 1 / TPE.
I love the atmosphere there but you might not like the "flood" when taking a shower.

Click here to see the photos.

jazzhou likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
yeah

its a massive improvement on the previous offering for business class, we are transfering through Taipei next Monday so i am now tempted to check out the whole lounge in terminal 1 even though we are flying out of terminal 2, maybe can snap a few pictues of the first class loinge, though i was told that there are 3 VIP rooms so i am not sure how that works. But yeah really like the style thiscould be consodered just about on par with some of the best lounges in Asia from what i have seen so far.

Last edited by tris06; Dec 21, 2014 at 6:41 pm
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:05 am

The food is limited in the F lounge but they do bring you whatever else it is you need. It is a very nice and quiet lounge and not crowded at all. It is definitely worth the trek over to check it out.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Great

"hsumh316 The food is limited in the F lounge but they do bring you whatever else it is you need. It is a very nice and quiet lounge and not crowded at all. It is definitely worth the trek over to check it out. "

Well it should be interesting. I had heard the first class lounge is bigger than the one before. Also I wonder if they still use the business classes showers and toilets? My partner and I do like the sleeping rooms though the picture of the baby changing room looks even more lovely to sleep in according to my fiancee.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:49 am

They do use the business class showers and toilets. They call it a nursing room which is quite nice as there is a comfy looking sofa. The sleeping rooms are next to the nursing rooms. I have not seen the previous F lounge so I have no comparison.

Originally Posted by tris06
Well it should be interesting. I had heard the first class lounge is bigger than the one before. Also I wonder if they still use the business classes showers and toilets? My partner and I do like the sleeping rooms though the picture of the baby changing room looks even more lovely to sleep in according to my fiancee.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: CI,FD,UA,CX
Transit

It has been a long time since I have flown through Taipei but the new business class on the 777 looks like a great deal so I am going to check it out . I am flying from BKK landing in terminal 1 then departing to LAX through terminal 2 would I be able to still get to the new lounge after disembarking or do I have to go through security in terminal 2 and then use the terminal 2 lounge?

If I can use the terminal 1 lounge how much time should I allow to switch terminals after?

If I have to use terminal 2 lounges which CI one is better?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by jeruthetraveler
It has been a long time since I have flown through Taipei but the new business class on the 777 looks like a great deal so I am going to check it out . I am flying from BKK landing in terminal 1 then departing to LAX through terminal 2 would I be able to still get to the new lounge after disembarking or do I have to go through security in terminal 2 and then use the terminal 2 lounge?

If I can use the terminal 1 lounge how much time should I allow to switch terminals after?

If I have to use terminal 2 lounges which CI one is better?

You can use T1 lounge, just clear the security at T1. It takes about 20-30 min to walk to T2 depending on where the gate is. T1 > T2 lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:08 pm

T1 lounge is definitely a lot nicer, although the food selection really isn't that different from the old lounge. There's a few more hot dishes (and bubble tea) now, but otherwise it's mostly just a much nicer ambience versus the main T2 lounge.

I'd say it's at most 20 minutes to the gates that the west coast flights usually leave from.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:56 pm

For that 20-30 minute walk is that without the skytrain?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:26 pm

also what is China Airlines policy on entering one lounge leaving and then entering another. I hate leaving a lounge just to find out the plane is delayed and could have spent more time in comfort, so if I leave the terminal 1 lounge and hike over to terminal 2 just to find out my flight is delayed am I able to enter the T2 lounge?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:28 pm

The SkyTrain doesn't run on the sterile side for departures.

Also, I have no idea about that policy and I've always wondered.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by jeruthetraveler
also what is China Airlines policy on entering one lounge leaving and then entering another. I hate leaving a lounge just to find out the plane is delayed and could have spent more time in comfort, so if I leave the terminal 1 lounge and hike over to terminal 2 just to find out my flight is delayed am I able to enter the T2 lounge?
Just tell them and I am sure they will let you in. It's not like you can bring a guest in to double dip.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi, So I understand this is confirmed that when you arrive in T2 and also depart from T2, you can still visit the lounge in T1 ?(It's just a long walk if i understand correctly ?)
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Hi, So I understand this is confirmed that when you arrive in T2 and also depart from T2, you can still visit the lounge in T1 ?(It's just a long walk if i understand correctly ?)
Thanks
Yes.
palmanfr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.