Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best choice for Earning Miles on Philippine Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Best choice for Earning Miles on Philippine Airlines?

According to webflyer I can earn miles when I fly Philippine Airlines on the following partners: "Members can earn miles on Philippine Airlines codeshare partners: Air Macau, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways and Royal Brunei Airlines."

I'll likely only have 1 one way from the States and then perhaps a short one way off the islands to SE Asia.

1- Is this list correct?

2- If it is, what would be my best choice of earning? Would I be better off joining Mabuhay Miles and earning with them? Or earning on Cathay, Emirates or Etihad? I have miles with American, BA, United and Delta. Not sure any are a real help. But perhaps one of these has no expiry or a long expiry before I lose my miles? Thoughts?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Those partners only earn miles on codeshared flights. None of which apply to any of PR's USA routes. It also is unlikely any for those partners would apply to any of PR's SE Asia routes you might be flying. Almost certainly, PR's Mabuhay miles is the ONLY program you can credit the miles to.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Those partners only earn miles on codeshared flights. None of which apply to any of PR's USA routes. It also is unlikely any for those partners would apply to any of PR's SE Asia routes you might be flying. Almost certainly, PR's Mabuhay miles is the ONLY program you can credit the miles to.
Ah, I see. Thanks. On some airlines I've been able to earn miles with partners for non-codeshares (I think). Clearly that isn't the case here (US to Manila flight on Philippines). Looks like Mabuhay is the only way to go.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only Phillipines partner airlines seem to be All Nippon & Eithad. Earning is typically reciprocal, but not always.
https://www1.mabuhaymiles.com/airline-partners/
https://www1.mabuhaymiles.com/

Eithad ffp now has many airline partners, in part because they are buying shares in other airlines like Air Berlin & Virgin Australia. Have a look at the EY. But you fare booking class may be low or nil earning

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.