Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

China Eastern seat assignments and special meal requests

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Can we request special meals and seat assignments on China Eastern flights via their website?

Also, is there a list of what special meals are available?

I will be flying them on SHA-TSA.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I never flew that route, but it is probably a 1-hour (or shorter) flight. I doubt if they can actually serve a real meal.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: A3*G,CI Elite+,Le Club Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; GT-I9305 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.57 Mobile Safari/537.36 OPR/18.0.1290.67495)

request only by call
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I never flew that route, but it is probably a 1-hour (or shorter) flight. I doubt if they can actually serve a real meal.
I fly that a lot and they do actually get a meal in, but no choices. It's actually not bad, usually glutenous rice with some pork.

I don't know if it's worth it to go through the effort to order a special meal -- as someone said above it's a 1:20 or 1:30 flight.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Update:

I called the Los Angeles office to request seat assignment and special meal. The agent added the details very quickly and even added my DL FF number. Was very painless and sure enough, I received the same seat at the airport and my meal was on board. Meal was pretty substantial for a 90 minute flight. My Sky Priority info was properly pulled as well.

The business class lounge at Hongqiao T1 left a lot to be desired though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.