China Airlines 77W Intro Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
China Airlines 77W Intro Website

All three cabins are featured.

http://wow.china-airlines.com/

This website is test version and may be taken down at any time.

Credit to robinlee528.

It's now official.

Last edited by coolfish1103; Jul 4, 2014 at 5:57 am
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
yep gone

Website was down before i could get a look of it. Thankfully some of the stuff was transferred to the website...

http://talkairlines.wordpress.com/20...tion-released/
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Looks like all the economy pictures were not captured, but nothing not already known missed. Premium Economy seems to be ahead of EVA's Elite by a lot, so that product should be competitive as long as the pitch is good enough.

The official website should be up next week or so, so can always get back to it.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Coolfish, are there any details on the premium economy cabin?

I presume it is 2-4-2 with a "reasonable" pitch. Other than glitzy picts, anything that looks better than BR's?

Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Coolfish, are there any details on the premium economy cabin?

I presume it is 2-4-2 with a "reasonable" pitch. Other than glitzy picts, anything that looks better than BR's?

Thanks.
Not all the pictures have been captured by the blog website so you can expect the full website to be up in the next few weeks with detailed information. From what I remember, compare to what BR offers currently, the differences are:

1. A 3-level adjustable footrest, which there's only a leg rest on Elite.
2. Shelled seat where your seat goes forward rather than slanting into the seat behind you.
3. Additional shelf place to put water bottle and personal items (not sure if that matters?)
4. Individual reading light.
5. Additional leg room by adjusting the material used under the seat.
6. Tablet friendly table with small cup holders

I believe the seat pitch is the same as BR based on the # of seats offered.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:19 pm

Premium Economy looks to be a cosmetically different version of JAL's Sky Premium seat.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
lovely

Yes i love the PE product already and if having to fly long hual i will buy PE from now,unless there is no option (Non B777 flights) and should help with me earning miles if they credit 110-100% milage.

I will keep an eye on the flight for the 1st of October on the CI website to see what they do for the TPE-HKG and HKG-TPE flights. I would assume they would allow premium economy just go to the economy on that flight. Not sure about the 2nd small cabin with business class. But maybe sometimes they will let it out for their members when economy is busy and the cant fill Business class.

They should be displaying the flight seating from the 1st-3rd of July for flights at the beginining of October.

Also interesting to note the B777 does not feature for their long term plans and they plan to sell the B777's to a leasor after delivery. So it might only be around for 5-6 years. Though of course things can always change.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Another airline with the same business class seat. Why are they now all copying each other? Is there only 1 company that makes business class seats? It would be nice for something different....anyone else share the same thoughts.

We flew PEK - HKG a couple of years ago on their A330. Really enjoyed their business class product. So comfortable and tons of space...!! ^
Old Jun 28, 2014, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
We flew PEK - HKG a couple of years ago on their A330. Really enjoyed their business class product. So comfortable and tons of space...!! ^
You're presumably referring to CA because CI doesn't fly PEK-HKG.

As to why the airlines copy each other, the reverse herring bone layout facilitates both lie flat seats and direct aisle access without sucking up a ton of cabin space. United tried to be different (using lie flat seats parallel to the cabin walls), but at a cost of 8-abreast seating. Many people aren't thrilled about this. SQ's seats are also forward facing with 6-abreast (so only window seat passengers need to climb over someone else to access the aisle). However, the layout gives them 21 J fewer seats than CX on the 77W in the exact same amount of space.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

The website is working again.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Back to the drawing board for EVA

This competition is great! Finally something from CI........
Old Jul 3, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Back to the drawing board for EVA

This competition is great! Finally something from CI........
I don't know about that, I'm not sure that shell seats are the way to go for premium economy.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ak333
I don't know about that, I'm not sure that shell seats are the way to go for premium economy.
I think any shell seats are fine as long as they provide ample space and legroom. If it's anything like the previous CX Economy seats then it will suck.

According to the video the leg rest and foot rest comes into contact so I am not so sure if anyone 180 cm or taller would be able to use both of them.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ak333
Well I only care about the J product.

If they make the J better, EVA always comes up with something better.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I think any shell seats are fine as long as they provide ample space and legroom. If it's anything like the previous CX Economy seats then it will suck.

According to the video the leg rest and foot rest comes into contact so I am not so sure if anyone 180 cm or taller would be able to use both of them.
I shudder whenever I think of the CX shell seats; that's what I think about whenever I see any airline with those seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.