China Southern email frustration!!

Old Jan 23, 20, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Arushi Jindal View Post
The issue is that sending an email from gmail based email doesn’t work at all.
Originally Posted by cantongirl View Post
A rule always good to bear in mind. Sending email to CN based company, always avoid using gmail, as you all know Google related products are banned there so as the email connection is pretty much axed.
I don't have enough information to know if this is true in many cases, but there must be more to it than just using gmail. About 6 months ago I exchanged probably a dozen emails with China Southern using my gmail account, in order to reschedule after a flight cancellation, and didn't have any problems at all.
Old Jan 23, 20, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cantongirl View Post
Well now you have OP's experience in the post as one example and I shared the same frustration with OP when I sent gmails to China many times they got lost. And you don't lose a thing just to use other email servers to avoid the risk. l won't say email in general in China is not much used, especially regarding sending electronic documents.
I definitely still use email for important matters, but Wechat never fails to get a faster response, and CZ happens to have the best Wechat account of any airline I know of.
Old Jan 26, 20, 1:51 am

Programs: FB Silver, ANA, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I definitely still use email for important matters, but Wechat never fails to get a faster response, and CZ happens to have the best Wechat account of any airline I know of.
moondog How do you interact with them on WeChat? Just sending them a message in English? I cannot figure out how get the CZ official account in English…
Old Jan 26, 20, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KL803 View Post
moondog How do you interact with them on WeChat? Just sending them a message in English? I cannot figure out how get the CZ official account in English…
First, add their account if you haven't already You need their account ID, CS95539.
中国南方航空
CS95539

I usually message them in Chinese, but sometimes I switch to English if my issue is difficult to explain.
KL803 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: