Will I die on a TigerAir flight?

Old May 1, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Tiger Airways is perfectly safe however I believe the seat pitch is not even 29 inches. Closer to 28 inches IIRC. That alone might be life threatening to some folks At least the pilots are good and the planes are in tip top condition. FA's and check in ground staff have always been perfectly polite and helpful to me anyway.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Being on a TT flight is like being on any other flight, albeit in a slightly more cramped seat. The main difference is in the terminals where you have to queue for ages, have to wait in a shed with limited catering and shopping facilities (MEL T4), and have to pick up luggage from a conveyer belt in a cage in the car park (MEL again).

TT did have problems with maintenance and were banned from flying in Australia for a while but the issues were resolved and they are allowed to fly again.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:06 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Will I die on a TigerAir flight?

Tiger is fine, fly them BKK-CGK all the time.
Old May 2, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
I have taken Tigerair a few times over the past months (SIN to KL, Krabi, Bangkok). It's been a good experience pretty much every time.

I thought the cabin crews are friendly enough also.

Singapore-based airline and all that.
Old May 2, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Smile

Thanks everyone for your input It has helped a little. I'm trying not to think about it too much. But I'm going to get some valiums beforehand from the Doc.
I think I'm more afraid of being afraid lol. Last time I flew I had a panic attack on board, luckily my Mother was there to help calm me, but I'll be flying solo for the first time.
I'll let you know how I go. I depart for Sydney from Perth on the 28th.
Thanks again
Old May 2, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Yoshi212

I'm a big fan of a little treat (sushi or some other food) a good drink and then a xanax as I walk on the plane.
Most LCCs in Asia specifically don't allow food to be consumed on board that wasn't purchased onboard.

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Tiger Airways is perfectly safe however I believe the seat pitch is not even 29 inches. Closer to 28 inches IIRC. That alone might be life threatening to some folks At least the pilots are good and the planes are in tip top condition. FA's and check in ground staff have always been perfectly polite and helpful to me anyway.
I've flown them once and that pitch almost killed me!!!
Old May 2, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I don't walk down the jetway with my bourbon while eating sushi sprinkled with Xanax. I have the treat and drink while I'm waiting and then as I take my seat I take the Xanax.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Most LCCs in Asia specifically don't allow food to be consumed on board that wasn't purchased onboard.

I've flown them once and that pitch almost killed me!!!
Old May 2, 2014, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't walk down the jetway with my bourbon while eating sushi sprinkled with Xanax.
Too bad, that would be a great start to a trip!
Old May 3, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
You are Not Likely to Die, However....

For those of you concerned about dying due to an airliner accident, before ticketing, you can check whether the airline is on the IATA-IOSA registry. Never leave home without it!

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/safety/...aspx?Query=all
Old May 3, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
This is probably one of the most dramatic thread titles I've seen around here in FT
Old May 3, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The sprinkled Xanax would ruin the taste of the sushi. And I never ruin the taste of my sushi.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Too bad, that would be a great start to a trip!
Old May 3, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
OP, almost all of us on Flyertalk love to fly.

Flying an an airliner is extremely safe, safer than riding in a car the equivalent amount of time.

I hope you enjoy your flight. Please come back to tell us how it went!
We do?

I must be in the wrong place.

I fly because I have to fly. I just want to lessen the pain as much as possible via upgrades, status, booze, etc.

; )
Old May 3, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I don't walk down the jetway with my bourbon while eating sushi sprinkled with Xanax. I have the treat and drink while I'm waiting and then as I take my seat I take the Xanax.
I believe combining bourbon, sushi and Xanax has it's own risks, independent of the Tiger Airways death risk.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe combining bourbon, sushi and Xanax has it's own risks, independent of the Tiger Airways death risk.
It was also, ironically, the B side of George Thorogood and the Destroyers much ballyhood 'One bourbon, one scotch and one beer'.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:04 am

Maybe if I ordered gas station sushi or Fugu

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.