Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Which Lounges Does TN / Air Tahiti Nui Use? Who Has Access?

Lounges

Only TN Poerava Business flyers get lounge access (AA codeshare flyers have been denied), and as TN are not oneworld (nor of any alliance), oneworld or other alliance or airline status does not apply.

At AKL, NRT, and SYD TN use Qantas Business lounge.

At CDG, TN use the Cathay Pacific lounge.

At LAX, TN uses the 'International Lounge' in the Bradley terminal for business passengers, shared with Air Fiji, El Al and Philippine Airlines; at other times, Korean Airlines lounge.

At PPT, TN offer the Salon Manuhiri International lounge (also Diners, Airport Angel and Priority Pass may be used, though TN ticket counter employees may incorrectly tell you they don't accept those cards - in this writer's personal experience, they do.) airside, second floor via stairs or lift, open 150 minutes prior to departures.

Print Wikipost

Air Tahiti Nui Lounge access in LAX / PPT?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Air Tahiti Nui Lounge access in LAX / PPT?

I am traveling on TN LAX-PPT-LAX with a friend next month. I in J he in Y. Will they allow him into the lounge with me?

Are the lounges available on a paid basis if one is not in J and TN will not release a second pass?

Which lounge are they currently using in LAX? Does it have showers?

I called TN the other day to reconfirm my booking and they were unable to answer any of my questions, regarding this.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:53 am

I flew TN a couple years back. I believe they use the OneWorld lounge at LAX TBIT. Not sure if you can buy a day pass or if your ticket allows a guest.

They have their own lounge in PPT, which seemed to be open to a lot of folks. I bet you can buy a pass there, but no personal experience here.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
TN uses the shared lounge at LAX TBIT - the main user of the lounge used to be CI and BR but both of them have now moved to the new Skyteam and Star lounge, respectively. Since all the lounge areas in the old TBIT are under renovation (being converted to the supersized OneWorld lounge), I'm actually not sure if the shared lounge is currently open.

Lounge access at TBIT is by invitation voucher only so you will receive the voucher at check in. Per TN, only ticketed J passenger will be invited but it won't hurt to ask nicely if your friend can get one too.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Last month, MH sent me to the oneworld lounge at TBIT. It was open then with no signs of construction around the lounge, but it seemed that only a few airlines were using it at the time of my flight. Of course, MH has ceased operations at LAX now, so it would be one fewer airline.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:24 pm

I believe TN now uses the new Korean Air lounge. If you have loungeclub or priority pass, your partner can join you
Old May 4, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jh811
I believe TN now uses the new Korean Air lounge. If you have loungeclub or priority pass, your partner can join you
KE would be the SkyTeam lounge at TBIT.
Old May 6, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
They have their own lounge at LAX now.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Originally Posted by moondog
They have their own lounge at LAX now.
It's the same thing

SkyTeam lounge at TBIT is operated by KE
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:18 pm
Original Member

Abysmal Lounge-and it's new!

They utilize the "international lounge" at TBIT. You cruise past the beautiful and spacious Star Alliance Lounge and proceed down a long hallway to the poorest excuse for a J lounge. Uncomfortable seating, sparse, no hot food, and on October 20th, no liquor. "We're waiting for our license" No showers. A few cold odds and ends in a refrigerator. No fresh milk or cream for coffee. (Concentrated coffee-mate pump bottles) Not worth the bother.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mpclaw
They utilize the "international lounge" at TBIT. You cruise past the beautiful and spacious Star Alliance Lounge and proceed down a long hallway to the poorest excuse for a J lounge. Uncomfortable seating, sparse, no hot food, and on October 20th, no liquor. "We're waiting for our license" No showers. A few cold odds and ends in a refrigerator. No fresh milk or cream for coffee. (Concentrated coffee-mate pump bottles) Not worth the bother.
That is certainly disappointing but considering I cashed in AA miles to fly TN in business, I shouldn't probably expect anything.

I have a few hours in LAX and will probably plan to stay at the AA AC and then walk to the TBIT and check in (unless AA allows me to check in/get a BP/check baggage from my original departure).
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I flew TN in May, and we liked the new TBIT so much we never made it to the lounge at all, even though all of us had access. We had a drink and snacks at the Petrossian caviar bar, and then met up with friends at the restaurant on the mezzanine level for bigger food and some drinks (service there was slow, but the food and drinks were great)

In PPT there's a large lounge space with drinks and snacks available. There isn't always enough food out, and there aren't quite enough staff to run the front desk and replenish the food fast enough. There were very comfy seats in there though, and it has A/C unlike the cattle herding area at the gate.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
The TN lounge in PPT has been removed from the Priority Pass website, and I was just told for HA business class we have no access either. Do you have to be a TN passenger in their qualifying class of service to get in now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.