Open suite with China Southern?

Old Apr 11, 14, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
Open suite with China Southern?

Yesterday I was checking for business class flights to Amsterdam from Hongkong (via Guangzhou) I saw reasonable prices on SeatGuru (I think it was Expedia who offered the tickets, but the links won't work today so I'm not sure about that) and the part from Guangzhou to Amsterdam is in an open suite they advertise. Looking up the different types of planes (also SeatGuru) I see there are 2 types of A330-200. One with both open suites and business class seats and the other with only open suites (both apart from economy and premium economy). They say the last one is the most common one.

I always thought open suites are First class, something I really can't afford. I have a few questions. I always book locally after checking prices, routes and airlines myself but the site of my travel agent who I will book from only gives the airplane type, not the version. I have a few questions:

Has anyone flown on this type of plane in open suites on a business class ticket? And how do I know when booking which of the two versions will be used? What do you think of the quality and service of China Southern on this plane and/or route?
Old Apr 13, 14, 11:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
Hello,

Best bet is to give the airline a call, give them the flight # and ask a few questions like.

~Does this plane have First, Business, E+ , and Economy? If yes than you have your answer

I would assume its incorrect data from Seatguru because they are not "actual suites" if it's on the older airplane type (version 1)

Foreign carriers all have good inflight service but the language barrier is always an issue if you don't speak there language.
Old Apr 14, 14, 2:06 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No the CZ suites are sold as first class. On A330 and 787 the suites are open, on A380 the suites are closed (have door and high walls). Business class has seats, not suites.
Old Apr 14, 14, 11:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond+, CA Gold, SQ Silver
Their food and beverage is mediocre at best. $5 Sparkling Wine for First Class. However, the Chinese soup is really good if you are in First Class. The IFE selection is also (VERY) weak.
All in all, would not say First Class is worth it unless you get a smashing deal.
Old Apr 15, 14, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
@ TennisNoob: I did call them, but they only said I should check with my travel agent (who doesn't know).
Old Apr 16, 14, 7:00 am

Programs: A3 G CZ S
Just ask your travel agent the booking class.
For F and P, it will be the suite
For J C D I, it's business
Old Apr 16, 14, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
Originally Posted by DutchDelight View Post
@ TennisNoob: I did call them, but they only said I should check with my travel agent (who doesn't know).
Lol they gave you a BS run around.

Ask Travel Agent for the flight # than go back to China Southern and ask them for the layout on that flight #.

If China southern can't give you the answer than honestly find a different airline.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: