Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines incident (freighter on cargo run)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
China Airlines incident (freighter on cargo run)

The Aviation Herald
...landed on Taipei's runway 23R at about 20:04L (12:04Z) but veered off the runway with the right hand main landing gear rolling outside the right hand edge of the runway for about 570 feet before the aircraft returned onto the runway and rolled out without further incident.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 9, 2014 at 1:55 pm Reason: clarified title, added brief quote from linked article
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Was this an emergency landing? CA usually flys hub to destination don't they? (TPE isn't a hub)
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
typical

<redacted>

Taipei is the hub for China airlines as is Eva Air..
Also to note Taiwan's weather can often be wild being typhoon alley on top of frequent storms myself being caught up in 1 in taipei taoyuan.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 9, 2014 at 1:58 pm Reason: removed personalized bit - see rule 12.2: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#gettingpersonal
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Was this an emergency landing? CA usually flys hub to destination don't they? (TPE isn't a hub)
The article in question is about China Airlines. They are based in Taipei.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
As mentioned, you are confusing PRC based Air China (CA) with China Airlines (CI) which is Taiwan based. Pretty common occurrence.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
As mentioned, you are confusing PRC based Air China (CA) with China Airlines (CI) which is Taiwan based. Pretty common occurrence.
My bad I feel really stupid I even commented.

I mis-read this as "CA" Air china
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
No need to feel bad. The confusion is incredibly common, even amongst those of us who should know better. I've been known to find myself just futilely trying to come up with China Airlines' code, or drawing a total blank on whether AC is Air Canada or Air China.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
No need to feel bad. The confusion is incredibly common, even amongst those of us who should know better. I've been known to find myself just futilely trying to come up with China Airlines' code, or drawing a total blank on whether AC is Air Canada or Air China.
Lol the reason I feel more stupid is because I hate CI by experience. CA is much better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.