FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Cambodia Angkor Air, what to expect? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1564802-cambodia-angkor-air-what-expect.html)

Harveynics Mar 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Cambodia Angkor Air, what to expect?

Has anyone had any experience with these guys? We will be flying them in Business from SGN to REP and wanted to know what to expect. Any impute would be appreciated.

RoamingOnPoints Mar 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Flew them in November REP-PNH on their A321. Can't speak to business class, but no complaints in economy -- flight left more or less on time, still got water service on such a short flight, no charge for a checked bag, etc. All-in-all an uneventful trip.

My understanding is that all of their aircraft are relatively new and leased from Vietnam Airlines, which owns half of Cambodia Angkor Air.

Booked my flight directly on their website. It had some sort of warning about needing to show the credit card at check-in, but that wasn't enforced.

Goldorak Mar 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Harveynics (Post 22616148)
Has anyone had any experience with these guys? We will be flying them in Business from SGN to REP and wanted to know what to expect. Any impute would be appreciated.

K6 is a nice little airline, owned half by VN as said by RoamingOnPoints. The staff is usually very nice. I never had any pb with them and my flights have always been on time. For the specific SGN-REP route, I flew it in Y recently and we got only water service, as it is a very short flight. It is likely that in C you will get something to eat rapidly like a sandwich, but I'm not sure as I did not fly this class.

Originally Posted by RoamingOnPoints (Post 22617920)
Flew them in November REP-PNH on their A321.

:confused: Are you sure ? They fly only ATR72 on this route.

Originally Posted by RoamingOnPoints (Post 22617920)
Booked my flight directly on their website. It had some sort of warning about needing to show the credit card at check-in, but that wasn't enforced.

For the 1st time, this was enforced for me a few weeks ago, so it's better to be prepared.

dsquared37 Mar 31, 2014 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 22619125)

Except when they pawn it off to a Vietnam Air Services ATR42. And then delay you 6 hrs. ;)

Goldorak Mar 31, 2014 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 22619503)
Except when they pawn it off to a Vietnam Air Services ATR42. And then delay you 6 hrs. ;)

Oups ! Sorry for you ;)

RoamingOnPoints Apr 1, 2014 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 22619125)

Yup -- in fact, I remember it specifically because it was out of the ordinary. Don't know how rare it is, but it wasn't a last minute swap. Flight was listed as A321 when I booked it a day or two in advance. Every other flight that day was the ATR72, though.

Baritone73 Apr 11, 2014 8:08 am

Flew the ATR72 REP-PNH last summer. No complaints -- granted, I wasn't expecting much to begin with on such a short flight. Staff was pleasant, flight was on time.

Can't remember if I had to show my credit card at check-in or not.

AddictedTraveller Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Harveynics (Post 22616148)

Let us know what the experience is like :)

camsean Apr 17, 2014 10:09 am

This is a great little airline. I flew them BKK-PNH last year. The flight left on time, there was a full meal service just on an hour, and the staff were friendly. All for a price that was similar to Air Asia.

What more could you ask for?

rgdave Apr 24, 2014 5:38 pm

K6 is an airline that's not quite mature. The flights themselves are quite pleasant, with newer planes (ATRs or 321s), clean, with inflight service and pleasant attendants. The booking and post-booking communication process leaves something to be desired; it's pretty rudimentary and they can be tough to get ahold of. And while it hasn't happened to me, I've heard from others that flights have been cancelled quite within a day or two of departure with no adequate reason given, but suspect that the flight was cancelled because of low loads. So if you're flying to Cambodia from BKK, for example, Bangkok Airways is probably a bit more reliable.

joelpat Jul 16, 2014 12:07 pm

A little late to the party, but I'll add my data point(s).

I've flown K6 a handful of times into PNH and REP on the ATR and 321. It is Cambodia, so everything feels a bit... 3rd world classy(?), but the staff are friendly and I've never had a flight delayed or any other issues.
The aircraft are newish, and everything appears to be operated well.

In fact, I was flying alone with my 9 month old daughter and had a great experience with their in flight staff. After an ORD-HKG-BKK flight the day before, and no sleep in BKK, my daughter was in a bit of an unstable state. I got lots of attention as a dad flying alone with a baby, but when they found out my daughter is half Khmer they were all over us. We both fell asleep for the first half of the flight, but when she woke up all hell broke loose. She had been really well behaved for the transpac flights, but she was not happy to be on a plane again. The FA's practically fought over the right to hold her back in the galley. They told me to go sit down and get a few more minutes of sleep (I probably looked like I needed it) while they calmed her down and played with her. This would never happen on most airlines, for understandable reasons, but that's part of what I love about Cambodia.

All of the flights are short, so don't expect table cloth service, but you'll get something to eat and drink, and if you are sitting up front you will probably be all alone, from my experience.

m3red Jul 19, 2014 3:51 am

I flew (supposed to) fly from phn to rep.

They confirmed my ticket the day before and said the flight had moved from 11.30 to 11.10 and to get to the airport 2 hours before.

I arrived at the airport to be greated by a representative from ankor air who informed me that despite confirming the day before the flight was cancelled due to technical problems :rolleyes: and would depart at 2pm (being a different flight number). The prospect of spending 5 hours in the shed that is phn airport prompted me to spend $100 on a taxi to rep instead of flying.

Overall, be careful with these sorts of airlines who when flights are not so full will cancel last minute to save cash.

I will never use this airline again.

dsquared37 Jul 19, 2014 7:14 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 23221625)
I flew (supposed to) fly from phn to rep.

They confirmed my ticket the day before and said the flight had moved from 11.30 to 11.10 and to get to the airport 2 hours before.

I arrived at the airport to be greated by a representative from ankor air who informed me that despite confirming the day before the flight was cancelled due to technical problems :rolleyes: and would depart at 2pm (being a different flight number). The prospect of spending 5 hours in the shed that is phn airport prompted me to spend $100 on a taxi to rep instead of flying.

Overall, be careful with these sorts of airlines who when flights are not so full will cancel last minute to save cash.

I will never use this airline again.

It could have been a cancellation due to a paucity of pax or it could be that they allocated the a/c elsewhere and the renumbered flight was departing on an ancient ATR-42 with Vietnam Air Services painted on the fuselage.

Either way it's annoying to take a delay equal to the driving time.

A few months back K6 had a series of $5 fares and for $36 o/w a/i I was quite willing to risk their notorious delays.

m3red Jul 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 23222024)
It could have been a cancellation due to a paucity of pax or it could be that they allocated the a/c elsewhere and the renumbered flight was departing on an ancient ATR-42 with Vietnam Air Services painted on the fuselage.

Either way it's annoying to take a delay equal to the driving time.

A few months back K6 had a series of $5 fares and for $36 o/w a/i I was quite willing to risk their notorious delays.

It was the lack of pax...the lady from the airline went around the handful of people at the airport personally.

She took it personally when I said I was cancelling! The drive was pretty rough but we still got there quicker than we would have if we had waited (or about the same time).

Still awaiting my refund!

JetSetDave Dec 3, 2014 7:09 am

Have a situation with an online booking of Cambodia Angkor Air, REP-PNH. Upon check in, they are requesting the credit card I used to make the reservation, well due to fraud, my card was canceled. So what are my options upon check in? Thanks