Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Express Originating in Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Hong Kong Express Originating in Tokyo

According to their website, I can't buy a ticket originating in Japan. I'm trying to purchase a ticket from HND to HKG. The only advice they gave me is to talk to a travel agent (I'm assuming in Japan). Does anyone know how I can go about buying a one way ticket originating in Japan here in the US?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Expedia or other online travel agencies. I know Expedia sells for them, not sure if you need to use the Japanese Expedia site though (it's in English).

Having said that, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. That airline has some pretty horrible reviews to be found. If the price is similar I'd personally take one of the legacy carriers. May also want to look at Peach though it'll require a connection in Osaka.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Expedia or other online travel agencies. I know Expedia sells for them, not sure if you need to use the Japanese Expedia site though (it's in English).

Having said that, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. That airline has some pretty horrible reviews to be found. If the price is similar I'd personally take one of the legacy carriers. May also want to look at Peach though it'll require a connection in Osaka.
Use Avios and fly JL or CX.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Thanks I was able to find it on Expedia's Japan site. I only checked the .com site first time around so that's why I didn't see it. They are much cheaper than any of the others so honestly I don't mind crap service and whatnot as long as it gets me from point A to B. And since I'm arriving into HND at 10:30 PM and this flight leaves at 1:30 am it will be nice not having to overnight in the airport.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Also bookable on Zuji.com which has an English platform
I also found it weird why their own website isn't bookable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.