Wiki Posts
Search

Planned upgrade of MH 777-200ER cabins?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Planned upgrade of MH 777-200ER cabins?

I was wondering if someone knows of any planned upgrade of MH 777-200ER?

The cabin has not been touched since it was installed and that is around 10 years ago.

I understand that MH has financial problems and may not have the spare money but there also do not seem to be any plans to retire the 777-200ER in the coming years as there are no orders placed for new planes if I recall correctly. Therefore if the planes are to stick around for a bit longer there should be some form of upgrade planned.

I always wondered why they could not modify the seats in business class to make them go flat (like IB did for their fleet). The pitch in business class on the 777-200ER is extremely generous and I think would allow the seat to go completely flat.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by LAX888
The cabin has not been touched since it was installed and that is around 10 years ago.
The current seats were installed with 6 rows of 7 across initially. Somewhere down the road, they took out a row to make it 5 rows, which is why the pitch now is extremely generous as you note.

I read somewhere it's not a straightforward fix to make them go completely flat though.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:02 am

MH is run by single brain cell organism. So don't expect too much. Don't think they will ever upgrade any planes any time soon.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Be careful, very careful of what you ask for. They might "upgrade" those seats to those utterly dreadful seats they installed on their A330's!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:03 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Be careful, very careful of what you ask for. They might "upgrade" those seats to those utterly dreadful seats they installed on their A330's!
What’s so utterly dreadful about them?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
They are very hard and the angle is very poor... You keep slipping to the floor!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by NoY
In addition, watching the IFE for too long will give neck aches. the angle is dreadful
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
The current seats were installed with 6 rows of 7 across initially. Somewhere down the road, they took out a row to make it 5 rows, which is why the pitch now is extremely generous as you note.

I read somewhere it's not a straightforward fix to make them go completely flat though.
Thanks for this input. I do hope they can find a solution for the 772ER as they do fly long flights for MH.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by FlyingYan
They are very hard and the angle is very poor... You keep slipping to the floor!
Ask NoY about wedges to make it fully flat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.