Wiki Posts
Search

Air China: Carry-on luggage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Air China: Carry-on luggage

Hello,

I'm a new member here and wanted to know if someone here has flown with Air China from JHK to PEK to BKK. If so, how strict are they with the 5kg (11 lbs) carry-on luggage weight limit? I flew China Eastern from JFK to PVG to BKK last year and they didn't weigh anyone's carry on luggage. I'm flying out next Saturday so any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Young
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ykang2375
Hello,

I'm a new member here and wanted to know if someone here has flown with Air China from JHK to PEK to BKK. If so, how strict are they with the 5kg (11 lbs) carry-on luggage weight limit? I flew China Eastern from JFK to PVG to BKK last year and they didn't weigh anyone's carry on luggage. I'm flying out next Saturday so any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Young
I've never had a problem.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Been on CA many times and they haven't even glanced at my carry on, let alone try to weigh it. Typically I have a 20" roller + PC bag attached to the handle. The PC bag with supplies and magazines (reading materiel) probably weighs the 5kg alone. For that matter, none of the mainland Chinese airlines that I've flown have cared.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!!!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I've been people board with 3 carry-on bags, and 6 duty free bags... yeah.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Economy Carry on luggage

How strict are they with the number of carry ons (one for economy tickets)? Can I bring on one rollerboard and a laptop bag?

Are they serious about the weight limit for checked bags (no more than 10kg)???

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
They don't measure or weigh bags.

If you have like 3 bags, they probably won't care. Carryon with a personal item is normal for most airlines.

If you have a big bag at the very least make sure it fits in the overhead sideways. A lot people carry big stuff so board early.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by alphaod
They don't measure or weigh bags.

If you have like 3 bags, they probably won't care. Carryon with a personal item is normal for most airlines.

If you have a big bag at the very least make sure it fits in the overhead sideways. A lot people carry big stuff so board early.
Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:54 pm

Interesting comments, thanks.

What are the official rules from Air China for economy (I understand that they're not always checked).

Is it
A) one carry-on of up to 5kg plus a personal item like a laptop that is smaller than the first and also less than 5kg (10kg total)

or

B) one carry-on plus personal items weighing no more than 5kg together

Thanks also if you can provide any link confirming this.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by zurichBlack
Interesting comments, thanks.

What are the official rules from Air China for economy (I understand that they're not always checked).

Is it
A) one carry-on of up to 5kg plus a personal item like a laptop that is smaller than the first and also less than 5kg (10kg total)

or

B) one carry-on plus personal items weighing no more than 5kg together

Thanks also if you can provide any link confirming this.
I googled it, just one piece, max 5kg: https://www.airchina.com.au/AU/GB/in...ry-on-baggage/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.