Short Guide on AirAsia Fly-Thru

Old Oct 27, 13, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Lightbulb Short Guide on AirAsia Fly-Thru

Hi All,

Seen a few people asking recently so I did a bit of research and completed this short guide on the AirAsia Fly-Thru Service:

http://flystaytravel.com/using-airasias-fly-thru-service/

Hope it helps.

Addictedtraveller

Last edited by AddictedTraveller; Oct 28, 13 at 10:27 am
Old Nov 3, 13, 5:07 am
Original Poster

I've updated the post to include the booking process.

http://flystaytravel.com/using-airas...-thru-service/
Old Dec 2, 13, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

You can now use AirAsia's Fly-Thru service via Don Mueang International Airport (Bangkok) in addition to Kuala Lumpur -went live on Sunday.
Old Dec 12, 13, 12:21 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Fly-thru in Bangkok! Nice.

Doesn't help me tho, I'm flying into BKK and outta DMK, oops, not my most genius moment. Plenty of time for the xfer as I booked the DMK leg later, but somehow forgot there were two airports. Throwing money at the problem to fly BKK-HKT instead of DMK-HKT didn't fix it either, there aren't enough flights out of BKK-HKT. You're almost forced to DMK for domestic connections. Pity.
Old Jun 23, 14, 12:35 pm

If I do a fly-thru via DMK (CNX-DMK-REP), how much time do you think I'll need in DMK to make my connection?
Old Mar 3, 18, 12:28 pm

Fly-Thru Service - DMK Domestic-International

Iíve read and spoken with AirAsia about the Fly Thru service Iíve booked but wanted to know more specifics about how this works in practice.

I am going HKT(Phuket)-DMK(Bangkok)-KIX(Osaka, Japan). They say I am supposed to clear immigration upon departure in HKT. Does that mean I go to the HKT international passenger terminal to check in rather than the domestic passenger terminal? If so, will AirAsia have check in counters at that terminal even though it only operates domestic flights into and out of HKT?

It says to look for an AirAsia agent when I get to DMK. Do I do this right when I get off the plane I assume? Are they typically easy to find? I have a 50 minute connection so am very worried about the connection. This was originally ticketed as a 1 hour 45 minute connection but AirAsia early retimed DMK-KIX and will not allow me to adjust my schedule to permit a lengthier connection.

Any and all tips and insight would be much appreciated!

Search this Thread