Search

Sri Lankan Airlines misconnect refund question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Priority Club Platinum, SPG, Tufty Club
Sri Lankan Airlines misconnect refund question

Good day everyone,

I was booked to travel on 3rd December from BKK-LHR via CMB. Yesterday I received an email advising me tha the flight from BKK has been re-timed and will now not get into CMB in time to connect on to the LHR flight.

They offered two alternatives, one which was to leave BKK on the evening of 2nd December which we can't make because our inbound flight from Vietnam wouldn't arrive in time to connect.

They also offered the 3rd December departure with an overnight in CMB getting us into LHR on the evening of the 4th December - which doesn't suit because I have meetings that day. So I told them to cancel and asked for a refund. They now want to charge me Baht2000 per ticket as a cancellation fee. I've told them that this is unacceptable as the only reason I cancelled was because of their schedule changes. I have since purchased tickets on another airline which is nearer the original time (and cost me more).

How do I deal with them if they refuse to refund in full? I'm based in the UK, the ticket was purchased on-line from UL, the advise of the sched change came from UL's BKK GSA, and the email about the refund came from Sri Lanka!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Speak to UL's ticket office in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.