Wiki Posts
Search

PAL to fly to LHR from November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
PAL to fly to LHR from November

As the Philippine national carrier acquires more B777-300ER, they will fly to LHR starting November 4, 2013. A quick search showed prices ex MNL in starting from about $ 1000 in Economy or $ 2870 in Business, while ex LHR they're about $ 1300 for Economy or $ 3600 in Business.

Sources: PAL, airlineroute.net

Economy cabin: 773 Eco (loading slowly)

Business cabin: 773 Business (loading slowly)
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Can't put their miles anywhere other than PAL Smiles.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You mean Mabuhay Miles, right?

Well, Mabuhay Miles don't expire anymore, so accrual shouldn't be that big of a problem.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
They are a Skyteam candidate for sure.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Huge leg space on the 777 J! Shame that the seats are sloped, when they very well could have made it full-flat, with all that extra room...
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Huge leg space on the 777 J! Shame that the seats are sloped, when they very well could have made it full-flat, with all that extra room...
They just don't want you to be too comfortable.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
They are a Skyteam candidate for sure.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
They just don't want you to be too comfortable.
Much as I support PR entering SkyTeam, don't bother misconstruing the alliance as a dumping ground for so-called "third-rate" airlines. On all the SkyTeam airlines I've flown (DL, AF, KL, AZ, RO, CZ), I found their service to be all right at worst, and top-notch at best.

Seriously, it's not like Star is any better.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Akiestar
Much as I support PR entering SkyTeam, don't bother misconstruing the alliance as a dumping ground for so-called "third-rate" airlines. On all the SkyTeam airlines I've flown (DL, AF, KL, AZ, RO, CZ), I found their service to be all right at worst, and top-notch at best.

Seriously, it's not like Star is any better.
At no point did I infer that Skyteam is a conglomeration of 3rd rate airlines but neither are they first rate by any means. I have now been with Star since 1993 and have no issues whatsoever. Albeit all Alliances have their kinks but Star seems to have attracted the best of the lot except for one or two.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
That's the issue I have with them, I'm sitting on miles that I can't use until I have to go to Philippines
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:53 pm

I am waiting for PAL to join Skyteam! I have hundreds of thousand of miles with miles from a local credit card and some flights with them ( I stopped doing so and I am local).

Well, PAL what can I say? When I email them they reply after a month. I have cancelled several business class bookings on their original Manila- Darwin flights but they changed the schedules and until now I have not received thousand of dollars of reimbursements after three months!

Opps this is a thread about MNL-LHR flight! My teenage 13 year old daughter in London can use some of my miles during her vacation I hope if it is not too difficult to book a reward flight with PAL.

I welcome this new route.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
I am waiting for PAL to join Skyteam! I have hundreds of thousand of miles with miles from a local credit card and some flights with them ( I stopped doing so and I am local).

Well, PAL what can I say? When I email them they reply after a month. I have cancelled several business class bookings on their original Manila- Darwin flights but they changed the schedules and until now I have not received thousand of dollars of reimbursements after three months!
Have you tried calling them, since you say you're a local? 855-8888 is more reliable than their customer service e-mail.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by Akiestar
Have you tried calling them, since you say you're a local? 855-8888 is more reliable than their customer service e-mail.
Prepare yourself to be on hold for about 20-30 minutes (or longer)!
I guess this is better than waiting for 2-4 weeks for their email reply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.