Air China First Class Lounge Access

Old Sep 12, 13, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Air China First Class Lounge Access

All:

I will be traveling next month on Air China and transiting through PEK as follows:

IAH-PEK F
PEK-HKG C (2 class plane)

I cannot find the PEK lounge access rules anywhere, including the Air China web site. Does anybody know if you can access the First Class lounge when incoming to PEK in F, but leaving in C due to a 2-class plane. Is there much difference other than the crowd?
Old Sep 12, 13, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miloteddy View Post
All:

I will be traveling next month on Air China and transiting through PEK as follows:

IAH-PEK F

I cannot find the PEK lounge access rules anywhere, including the Air China web site. Does anybody know if you can access the First Class lounge when incoming to PEK in F, but leaving in C due to a 2-class plane. Is there much difference other than the crowd?
I have never noticed any material difference between the J and the F sections (slightly better booze in the F area, assuming it's real, but similar food offerings). If you have enough time, you can head out to the departures lobby and load up on Kenny Rogers Roasters instead.

Have you looked into flying via NRT (pretty nice lounges) or even ORD/SFO?
Old Sep 12, 13, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I have never noticed any material difference between the J and the F sections (slightly better booze in the F area, assuming it's real, but similar food offerings). If you have enough time, you can head out to the departures lobby and load up on Kenny Rogers Roasters instead.

Have you looked into flying via NRT (pretty nice lounges) or even ORD/SFO?
I am a veteran of the Pacific Flights. I have spent plenty of time in the NRT, ICN, Sin and BKK first and business class lounges. On this trip, I wanted to use Air China F from my home city. They just started Houston service, and I wanted to check it out. The problem is that I am stuck in PEK for a few hours each way (although delays may eat that up). Sometimes, I schedule HKG trips using great routes and visiting the nice lounges. This trip, i just want to get there, and use something new to me (Air China F class) to do it.
Old Sep 13, 13, 6:53 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
All:

IAH-PEK F

I don't know what the real rules are or if they are even written but you should have no problem at all getting in the F lounge in that scenario. I haven't been in CA's J lounge at PEK for at least a couple of years but was in the F lounge just 2 weeks ago and found it somewhat nicer than my memories of the J lounge from before. Not that that makes a valid current comparison, but in any case you will have no issues getting in the F lounge.
Old Sep 15, 13, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
I personally found both F and J lounge in Beijing are not much different from each other.

Food is disaster in both (int. and domestic). Warm coke. blah blah.

The international side the lounge is more bright with natural light. But that is about it.
Old Sep 18, 13, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, US Gold
Just returned from LAX-PEK-BKK round trip on Air China, both my girlfriend and I are *Gold. We had no problem using the first class lounge in Beijing on both sides of our trip. Simply showed our boarding passes and my US Airways status card showing the *G logo and we were welcomed with smiles.

We enjoyed the open-air lounge very much. There are large leather chairs, sofas, multiple seating areas, and available showers and sleeping rooms. We found the food selection at both breakfast and lunch (we had an 8+ hour layover that started very early in the morning) to be adequate, if not above so, especially in comparison to domestic clubs.

One note - you have to scan your passport to get a wifi access code in the People's Republic (they're not so secretive about the fact that they're watching everything you do online!), and we found access to Facebook to be spotty at best.
Old Sep 21, 13, 10:57 am

Programs: United, AA
I am a veteran of the Pacific Flights. I have spent plenty of time in the NRT, ICN, Sin and BKK first and business class lounges. On this trip, I wanted to use Air China F from my home city. They just started Houston service, and I wanted to check it out. The problem is that I am stuck in PEK for a few hours each way (although delays may eat that up). Sometimes, I schedule HKG trips using great routes and visiting the nice lounges. This trip, i just want to get there, and use something new to me (Air China F class) to do it.
I'm doing the same route in December .. any comments regarding the sleeping rooms in the F Lounge? I have a 15 hour halt on my return. bkk-pek on j and pek- lax in F
Old Sep 21, 13, 11:06 am

Programs: CA Gold/ UA 1K.. Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Brettzky View Post
Just returned from LAX-PEK-BKK round trip on Air China, both my girlfriend and I are *Gold. We had no problem using the first class lounge in Beijing on both sides of our trip. Simply showed our boarding passes and my US Airways status card showing the *G logo and we were welcomed with smiles.
Just curious, were you flying in F class to get access? I am *G with CA and never had access to the F lounge. Always the J lounge. To be honest, neither are outstanding, IMO.
Old Sep 21, 13, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rarrk1 View Post
I'm doing the same route in December .. any comments regarding the sleeping rooms in the F Lounge? I have a 15 hour halt on my return. bkk-pek on j and pek- lax in F
get a hotel near the airport or even in the city! I cannot imagine spending 15 hours in an airport lounge.

As for the lounge itself, you can access it with a simple Star Gold card even if you are in J. There is very little difference between the two.
Old Sep 21, 13, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
get a hotel near the airport or even in the city! I cannot imagine spending 15 hours in an airport lounge.

As for the lounge itself, you can access it with a simple Star Gold card even if you are in J. There is very little difference between the two.
You're saying you can access the F lounge with a *G card? I've never attempted this as only the C lounge has the *G logo, but would be interesting as the C lounge is often quite crowded at the hours I transit.
Old Sep 22, 13, 9:27 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
You're saying you can access the F lounge with a *G card? I've never attempted this as only the C lounge has the *G logo, but would be interesting as the C lounge is often quite crowded at the hours I transit.
You have to be flying F, be a CA Platinum member, or has Priority Pass to use the F lounge.
Old Sep 24, 13, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
You have to be flying F, be a CA Platinum member, or has Priority Pass to use the F lounge.
nope, false.
Old Sep 25, 13, 3:39 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by Brettzky View Post

We enjoyed the open-air lounge very much. There are large leather chairs, sofas, multiple seating areas, and available showers and sleeping rooms. We found the food selection at both breakfast and lunch (we had an 8+ hour layover that started very early in the morning) to be adequate, if not above so, especially in comparison to domestic clubs.

One note - you have to scan your passport to get a wifi access code in the People's Republic (they're not so secretive about the fact that they're watching everything you do online!), and we found access to Facebook to be spotty at best.
You're lucky you even got to FaceBook! In case you didn't already know, it's blocked in this country.
Old Sep 25, 13, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellyse View Post
You're lucky you even got to FaceBook! In case you didn't already know, it's blocked in this country.
Not for long in SH. Have you read the recent news?
Old Sep 25, 13, 6:30 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Not for long in SH. Have you read the recent news?
Something about joining some world trade something? Call me an idiot but the only time I read newspapers is when they're giving them away free on the plane and I don't have anything better to do. :P

Search this Thread
Search Engine: