EK to TPE

Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

EK to TPE

http://www.arabnews.com/news/462724

NOt sure if mentioned already but Emirates is coming to TPE with six flights per week to start.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by tommy525
I can't wait if it's true.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:03 pm

Why is this thread even open?! It's been mentioned over and over again on the Emirates forum!
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...eb-2014-a.html
Old Aug 31, 2013, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Why is this thread even open?! It's been mentioned over and over again on the Emirates forum!
Because someone thought it might be useful for the Taiwanese passengers who might not check the Emirates forum?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
^^^ why would anyone in here be stalking the emirates forums
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:46 am
Suspended

The BIG problem with Emirates is the huge layovers one will normally be expected to have in Dubai which I am certain is all part of getting you to spend money on totally useless over priced things you dot really need.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by mayodave
The BIG problem with Emirates is the huge layovers one will normally be expected to have in Dubai which I am certain is all part of getting you to spend money on totally useless over priced things you dot really need.
Would you care to enlighten others on this forum on the routes you're referring to that force 'huge layovers'?

It would be good if you could include your personal experience in your reply.

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I don't believe I've ever checked the Emirates forum before myself. But this information is very relevant to me and others reading this forum as well because it "should" put some downward pricing pressure on at least competing city pairs TPE-Europe/Africa. Airlines that would be of interest to me that would be affected are BR and CA, both covered in this forum.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:35 am
Suspended

Would you care to enlighten others on this forum on the routes you're referring to that force 'huge layovers'?

It would be good if you could include your personal experience in your reply.

Thanks
I have looked at several routes since they announced TPE and I was looking at TPE to MAN, which I think gave me a 9 hr layover, then there was AMS which was 7hrs I seem to recall. There was only one flight I recall that offered a 2 hr layover and it might have been London.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by mayodave
I have looked at several routes since they announced TPE and I was looking at TPE to MAN, which I think gave me a 9 hr layover, then there was AMS which was 7hrs I seem to recall. There was only one flight I recall that offered a 2 hr layover and it might have been London.
Check schedule of 05MAR2014. EK367 arrives in DXB at 05:10. I see reasonable connections to a few European cities:

MAN 07:20
LHR 07:25
CDG 08:00
AMS 08:20
FRA 08:40

Coming back from Europe to Taipei is little bit tricky but still not bad.

If EK offers cheap price on its one-stop connection to Europe from TPE, BR and CI should be very worried.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: United Plat
DXB-TPE-USA?

Does EK have fifth freedom from TPE to USA? It would be cool.

I heard the ticket price between TPE and USA has increased a lot since BR and CI served direct flights to China.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfo3388
Does EK have fifth freedom from TPE to USA? It would be cool.

I heard the ticket price between TPE and USA has increased a lot since BR and CI served direct flights to China.

A couple of thoughts:

Chinese citizens are NOT allowed to transit in Taiwan as yet, so BR and CI are not currently reaping any rewards from China flights. As far as transporting PRC passengers onwards to the USA and back is concerned. I imagine BR and CI would love for the PRC govt to allow this. The TW govt is agreeable already , from what Iv read.

I thought the USA and Taiwan have Open Skies now. Which may lead to EK being able to continue its service on to the USA from Taiwan !

Now that would be something.

Which could possibly mean also that the Chinese airlines would also want to fly the TW to/from USA routes?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfo3388
Check schedule of 05MAR2014. EK367 arrives in DXB at 05:10. I see reasonable connections to a few European cities:

MAN 07:20
LHR 07:25
CDG 08:00
AMS 08:20
FRA 08:40

Coming back from Europe to Taipei is little bit tricky but still not bad.

If EK offers cheap price on its one-stop connection to Europe from TPE, BR and CI should be very worried.
I seem to recall it was the flights from Europe coming back to Taiwan that were big layovers not the other way. There is no comparison between CI/BR and EK, CI & BR are light years behind in everyway to EK
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommy525
....I thought the USA and Taiwan have Open Skies now. Which may lead to EK being able to continue its service on to the USA from Taiwan !...
Open skies is between Taiwan and USA, not any random airlines from third country. Now, if EK can move its home base to TPE then it might work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.