Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA to fly Hello Kitty 777 to USA and Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:38 am
Original Poster

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/new...php?id=2287255

And you thought you were safe from the mouthless moggie? NOpe you are NOT !
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: Airplanes!
Hmm..you will be able to Hello Kitty your way to Hong Kong or Tokyo from Los Angeles! Not sure I can handle that much kitty time.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
oh no!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: MileagePlus
I know where my redemption of United miles is going
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: EVA Diamond ; AA Platinum ;
ive been on the 330 a few times to korea or japan. u can tell business travelers are just annoyed... a few of us in suits get on...look around and there is UHHH>..what is this look from all the business travelers..then the tourist get on and start taking pictures with everything on the plane.

i hate those planes..

w
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I would love to Hello Kitty my way across the globe! One cute memory I have of Petra in Jordan is everyone walking up the top of a really steep incline to get to the Monastery at the top. There were plenty of nice sturdy walking / running shoes and 1 pair of Hello Kitty Crocs that made it all the way to the top!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up Hello Kitty

It's too successful, I imagine the branding program is very successful for BR (EVA Airways) to continuously expand it so. At the very least, it makes flying fun & unique again, more than the bus it's become in some areas of the world.

The Airways Magazine article about the branding program has good detail.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by wolfy187
ive been on the 330 a few times to korea or japan. u can tell business travelers are just annoyed... a few of us in suits get on...look around and there is UHHH>..what is this look from all the business travelers..then the tourist get on and start taking pictures with everything on the plane.

i hate those planes..

w
This whole thing is just surreal / hilarious. I cannot tell you how hard it was for me to refrain from using one of the following responses:
  • Well, I hope the business travelers don't get too catty in showing their contempt for the design. Or
  • I, for one, am a business traveler and might consider trying however as they say, curiosity killed the cat. Or
  • Who could have permitted this bizarre concept? Was the chief brand manager on vacation? Well, when the cat's away, the mice will play.

...but I thought better of it and considered saying nothing. After all, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
The fat cats over at EVA might think their hare-brained hairball of a branding initiative is just the cat's meow, but I think a $50 million airplane should not look like a toddler's toy. In Royal Laurel class, the businessmen are so upset by being ingested by a giant flying feline that they don't even cat-call the flight attendants anymore. And just catty-corner away, over in economy class, there's not even enough room to swing a dead cat.

I'd love to have been in the boardroom when the CEO let this cat out of the bag. He might like to think he's just the cat's pajamas, but a taste of my tongue (everyone says it's as sharp as a cat-o-nine-tails) would have made him think twice about this monstrosity of a branding idea that the cat dragged in. You know me - I don't play cat and mouse, I go straight for the kill. Oh, he would have felt like a cat on a hot tin roof, after I got done with him, let me tell you. Like they say, the cat's always very dignified until the dog comes by.

All I can say is, I'm flabbergasted. The cat has definitely caught my tongue.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No matter what you say, Kitty has generated the buzz and got EVA's name out there. Even CNN has coverage for it: http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/travel/eva-air-kitty-jet and it has a video of a reporter's trip.

For those of us who know Evergreen and EVA, this is just so out of its corporate culture and it makes the whole thing even more interesting....
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by username
For those of us who know Evergreen and EVA, this is just so out of its corporate culture and it makes the whole thing even more interesting....
Interesting? I think it's a... catastrophe.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Talking

No matter what you say, Kitty has generated the buzz and got EVA's name out there. Even CNN has coverage for it: http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/travel/eva-air-kitty-jet and it has a video of a reporter's trip.

Not really if you think about it. EVA is heavily Japanese influenced via Evergreen , which is very Japanese influenced.

Kitty is HUGE in Japan.

Thus Kitty on EVA is not that far fetched really.

They say Kitty Jets operate at 98pct capacity most of the time. So thats a lot of purring goin on at the Boardroom.

Pretty soon EVA could spin off its KittyJets as a subsidiary?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I saw these things on a TV report. Not sure I could stomach it for a whole TPAC flight....
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by snic
Interesting? I think it's a... catastrophe.
really? flying is getting so mundane and boring now, I would jump at the chance to try something different....
Old Sep 2, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I saw these things on a TV report. Not sure I could stomach it for a whole TPAC flight....
+1 here. IMO an airline can paint the outside of the plane however they choose to. No issues. But when they extend such a quirky theme into the cabin w/ pillows, decorations, food service, lav's, ect. that is taking it way too far.

Just guessing that EVA is getting reimbursed to do so. It’s really a flying commercial for the Kitty brand after all.

SunLover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.