Wiki Posts
Search

Any way of earning Fortune Wings miles?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Any way of earning Fortune Wings miles?

Fortune Wings Club (金鹏俱乐部首页) includes Hainan Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines and several others.

If anyone uses their program successfully, please share some tips. I was flying quite much with HKA during last 1,5 years, but after they changed their rules, earning miles with flights looks desperate.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Flew with Hainan Airlines several times and now I understand why it is worth flying in their business class: even the flight time is only 1 1/2 to 2 hours, it takes around 35 minutes until they are able to open their door and let passengers out. I mean it is better than China Eastern Airlines, and China Southern for sure, but still, I rather don't get any in-flight-entertainment and the crew can open the door on time. (it happened several times!)
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Fortune Wings Club (金鹏俱乐部首页) includes Hainan Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines and several others.

If anyone uses their program successfully, please share some tips. I was flying quite much with HKA during last 1,5 years, but after they changed their rules, earning miles with flights looks desperate.
Doesn't look like Fortune Wings has gotten much love, so I'll revive this thread. Earning looks pretty bleak, especially because redemptions are so expensive (short-hauls start at 22,000 round-trip). I've seen that Hainan offers a co-branded credit card, but the earning rate (1 mile/$2 USD) is pretty paltry.

To parrot the original question, any better way to rack up enough miles for at least a single award flight? Also, do miles earned on any FW airline go into a single FW pool that you can use on any of the airlines (not like anyone other than HX flies out of HKG anyway)? Or do you have to be careful about allocating them all to one airline? Also, do any of the credit cards offer status promos? I see Hainan (and I assume the rest of FW) has a decent status challenge going, but no credit card shortcuts, at least that I could see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.